Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Did everything right tonight, if Scott Parker is class then so is Guthrie.

Tbf Parker does it nearly every week and has done for years, Guthrie is a better passer mind.

I dont know what to think, is the team just more suited to him now? I think he can fill in for Tiote if Cabaye is fit, but if it was Guthrie alongside someone completely new (Gosling?) then would he cope? I feel very happy with our midfield now like

I really like him. Didn't look out of place today and proved again he is more than capable of providing decent cover for us. Would hope he gets a new contract, although I'd imagine at this point in his career he'll be looking to move elsewhere for some more game time.

Looked like the player you always thought he could be last night.

Seemed in good shape, focused and committed which has rarely been the case the last few years. Hopefully he's got it together and can become a good squad player going forward, the talent has always been there.

Always liked the lad, but saw a different side to him last night.  Never knew he had that sort of fight and workrate in him.  Covered the full backs, tracked his runners, pressed all over the pitch and wasn't afraid to put a foot in.  The tidy passing and odd 40 yard ping is standard for him, he's always had that in his locker. 

Covered the most amount of ground out of all the players on the pitch, not surprised to read that either, he was superb last night.  Good squad player and I hope we keep him.

Not meaning to piss on his chips, he's going to find it much harder against Everton.  They'll play 5 in the middle, so we might struggle like we did against Wigan and they don't have Delap and Whelan as hey're centre midfielders!

Looked like the player you always thought he could be last night.

Seemed in good shape, focused and committed which has rarely been the case the last few years. Hopefully he's got it together and can become a good squad player going forward, the talent has always been there.

+1

If thats IF he can keep that form its a massive bonus for us the only issue is Tiote will keep him out of the team so its going to be tough for him to prove he can be consistent.

He does look a lot trimmer though, lost that extra bit of weight he was carrying.