Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's excellent back-up in the middle tbh. Look at what other teams put out when their starters are out (Spearing, Livermore and even a couple of Arsenal's youngsters this season), and I'd say we won't be able to get much better in terms of a third choice CM.

Well said. The way he played the last couple of games makes him a midtable midfielder. Really good enough for us as back up.

He's excellent back-up in the middle tbh. Look at what other teams put out when their starters are out (Spearing, Livermore and even a couple of Arsenal's youngsters this season), and I'd say we won't be able to get much better in terms of a third choice CM.

Well said. The way he played the last couple of games makes him a midtable midfielder. Really good enough for us as back up.

I feel frustrated at the reluctance to give the lad proper praise. His last two performances have been the equal of anything we've seen from Tiote and Cabaye this season IMO. Why shoe-horn him into a back-up role when he has shown the potential to be something more? And it's perfectly possible to play all three together in the right formation.

He may have benefitted from coming out of the shadow of fellow scousers Nolan and Barton. As Pardew said, when leaders go, it gives the chance for new leaders to emerge.

Agrees with the last post.

In the last three performance he has been as good as any of our other middle central option. Not saying he is better or that he should start, but as good as he is playing now he deserves a better tag than "a good middle table back up midfielder".

I feel frustrated at the reluctance to give the lad proper praise. His last two performances have been the equal of anything we've seen from Tiote and Cabaye this season IMO. Why shoe-horn him into a back-up role when he has shown the potential to be something more? And it's perfectly possible to play all three together in the right formation.

He may have benefitted from coming out of the shadow of fellow scousers Nolan and Barton. As Pardew said, when leaders go, it gives the chance for new leaders to emerge.

I've been prasing him right after the games when he's done well. Just think he's a back up to Cabaye/Tiote and won't get into the starting line-up if both fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy for him. Another example of this place writing off players too quickly.

You say 'this place' like everyone has the same opinion. They don't.

The hatred he received was incredible. Glad I wasn't a part of that. However we all write off players too quickly, me included. This place has a tendency to do it, can't see how you can disagree with that.