Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm fairly sure Guthrie doesn't get paid very much at all.

£4k per week as per that speeding case in 2010.

I think he's worth more than that.

I'm fairly sure Guthrie doesn't get paid very much at all.

£4k per week as per that speeding case in 2010.

I think he's worth more than that.

Worth about 30-40K going by recent performances. At least.

I'm guessing his contract would be about £15-20k* if it's renewed, he is essentialy a back-up player and I can see Mike offering wages which reflect that. If other sides in the league have been taking notice I certainly think he'll be able to get a far better deal elsewhere, anyway.

*figure pulled firmly out of my arse

I'm pretty sure that the amount given in Court is supposed to be net of tax, and with the image rights element on top of that I reckon it is closer to between £8K - £10K per week, which seems about right for a player who joined us whilst we were still in the Premier League.

Given that other clubs were after him and the fee was low, I can't imagine he would have signed for £4K a week, even then.

Guest VaVaVoom

Definitely worth a new contract. He has ability on the ball and a good work ethic. Probably worth about 25k a week i would say.

With his new found form, if Vuckic, Abeid and Gosling have anything about them they should step up there performances. It will be hard to get infront of Guthrie as next in line to Cabaye and Tiote.

Pretty much the ideal squad player from my POV. Whether that's what he's happy with though is a different question.

Yeah, I feel the same. Would definitely want him to sign a new contract.

If we play a 4-3-3 in the future, Guthrie would be ideal in a midfield three with Cabaye and Tiote.

But if we play the standard 4 in midfield, can't see Guthrie being in the first team like and that could sway the lad into making a decision to leave - a choice which I would understand. He's 24 and a player of his ability should be getting regular football really (he will get that for the time being but once Tiote's back, I suspect Danny will drop out).

Guest VaVaVoom

Pretty much the ideal squad player from my POV. Whether that's what he's happy with though is a different question.

Yeah, I feel the same. Would definitely want him to sign a new contract.

If we play a 4-3-3 in the future, Guthrie would be ideal in a midfield three with Cabaye and Tiote.

But if we play the standard 4 in midfield, can't see Guthrie being in the first team like and that could sway the lad into making a decision to leave - a choice which I would understand. He's 24 and a player of his ability should be getting regular football really (he will get that for the time being but once Tiote's back, I suspect Danny will drop out).

Pretty much the way i see it also.

I actually think a wide 433 would be pretty decent. A bit like the one Chelsea played where Robben and SWP played either side of Drogba.

---Krul---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Santon

Guthrie---Tiote---Cabaye

Ben Arfa----------Ba----------Jonas

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hope he gets his new deal. Really changed my opinions on him with his performances this season. Good to see he's worked on the fitness side of his game and seems to have a determination in his play that was often absent.

Hope he gets his new deal. Really changed my opinions on him with his performances this season. Good to see he's worked on the fitness side of his game and seems to have a determination in his play that was often absent.

Do you think Pardew has had anything to do with this? For example told Danny he needs to get his head down and work for his contract, sees him as a big player for us in the future etc etc

Once Smith is shown the door,  £10k a wk of Smith's wage should be put towards Danny's new contract. 

as opposed to colo's wage perhaps, or renegotiating ba's deal to get rid of pesky clauses, or bringing in someone else for the starting XI on smiths entire wage.

it just doesn't work that way man!

Once Smith is shown the door,  £10k a wk of Smith's wage should be put towards Danny's new contract. 

as opposed to colo's wage perhaps, or renegotiating ba's deal to get rid of pesky clauses, or bringing in someone else for the starting XI on smiths entire wage.

it just doesn't work that way man!

split it, 10k to Guthrie, 20k to Ba onto his basic wage instead of appearance fee based one, 20k to Colo's contract and 10k to some young player we can bring in simples  :snod:

I've still got this nagging worry he's gonna revert to his form from last season, which would be a shame because I've always liked him as a player. I think he's a great squad option for where we are as a club so long as he keeps it up.