Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hopefully the lad will sign a new contract.

Though there is that dilemma on what to do when Cabaye and Tiote are back. It would be really harsh to drop Guthrie but I honestly think Cabaye and Tiote are better players. However, I really think Guthrie can do a job in a midfield 3. It's not outside the realms of possibility.

Though there is that dilemma on what to do when Cabaye and Tiote are back. It would be really harsh to drop Guthrie but I honestly think Cabaye and Tiote are better players. However, I really think Guthrie can do a job in a midfield 3. It's not outside the realms of possibility.

It's called having a squad though isn't it mate, it's daft how much people on here panic when we've got more than one decent player for each position.

It's called having a squad though isn't it mate, it's daft how much people on here panic when we've got more than one decent player for each position.

Indeed, it is great for squad depth that we have a player who is more than capable of doing a job when the first choice player is out. However, will Guthrie be happy being second fiddle to Tiote and Cabaye? He might want more regular football elsewhere (which is understandable) so like I've said, hope he signs a new contract.

its nice to have a squad that one can cycle round depending on form and tactics, sick of feeling we are always one injury away from disaster. Sadly our cup failures mean once cabaye and tiote are back opportunities may be limited. i'd like to see cabaye pushed forward ahead of guthrie and tiote once as a central playmaker.

Indeed, it is great for squad depth that we have a player who is more than capable of doing a job when the first choice player is out. However, will Guthrie be happy being second fiddle to Tiote and Cabaye? He might want more regular football elsewhere (which is understandable) so like I've said, hope he signs a new contract.

We've seen already that Tiote and Cabaye aren't going to be fit / not suspended at the same time for much of the time, and that's just accounting for when we play 4-4-2 tbh.  Guthrie will get in the side when he's playing this sort of football most of the time and Pardew will tell him so if he's not daft.

We've seen already that Tiote and Cabaye aren't going to be fit / not suspended at the same time for much of the time, and that's just accounting for when we play 4-4-2 tbh.  Guthrie will get in the side when he's playing this sort of football most of the time and Pardew will tell him so if he's not daft.

Fair points and Tiote will presumably be off to the ACoN again next year so yeah, I guess Guthrie will continue to get opportunities.

Krul

Santon Williamson Coloccini Jonas

Tiote

Guthrie          Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cissé

4-3-1-2, Ben Arfa roaming to help out where needed.

[/nonsense]

FYP. :fwap:

Krul

Santon Williamson Coloccini Jonas

Tiote

Guthrie          Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cissé

THAT

He flagged badly towards the end like, he was watching their midfielders run by him regularly. Good game overall though.

Yeah we was getting over ran towards the end. For the chance one of there subs he, he passed the ball in front of Guthrie and ran way beyond Danny. Danny could barely turnaround. A mixture of a lack of defensive nous and the ongoing stamina issue. You never get that with Yohan.

Danny's certainly a better attacking option but his lack of stamina is an issue. Will never be a real athlete but I hope he can improve in this area.

BBC: 'Some times you just have to find the right club' after they'd made him sound like some kind of journey man. He's been here nearly four years :lol:.

:lol: FFS.  He was at Liverpool before us and had a couple of loans.

I'm really glad he's playing as he is.  I did find it quite strange how last season was such a non-event for him, he'd been such a pivotal player in the promotion season and I wasn't with these people who said he wasn't a Premier League player.

It looked like the Premiership was too fast, strong and athletic for him. Whereas you do get more time and space in the Championship. Danny has excellent technical ability, especially for a British midfielder. And this season he's worked on his conditioning and has shown for more desire for the game.