Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

No chance of getting Johnson from Boro? His contract is up in the summer as well, non? Not sure if premiership clubs are after him, but would be worth at least trying.

His compensation fee will be more than we will spend, plus there will be at least 10 better teams after him

I know, I know, just wondering!

Would they confirm it as a done deal if there wasn't something behind it? I can understand them just making up a rumour about our interest or whatever, but to come out and say it's sealed and done seems a bit too sure to just be something made up to fill column space.

Oh wait, it's the Sun. Never mind.

But that means spending money  :frantic:

many will say it means we'll sell taylor for 4mill.

Not that I want it to happen, but I think we'd cash in Colo before Taylor.

nah, Taylor's English (and young) so we can get more for him.

But that means spending money  :frantic:

many will say it means we'll sell taylor for 4mill.

Not that I want it to happen, but I think we'd cash in Colo before Taylor.

nah, Taylor's English (and young) so we can get more for him.

colos on double taylors wage so more savings there and colos an argentian international so he'd get as much as taylor, thing is though i cant see any club who would buy them (mid to lower rank prem teams at least cant comment on non english teams finances) actually being able to afford them in this window we'd be looking for at least 6m if not more for taylor and who can afford that in the bottom half?

Chronicle has quotes, believe them. Not bothered, can find cover somewhere else.

Guest Roger Kint

Go for Miles Addison instead, Darby need cash and he can also play midfield.

Heard its highly doubtful he would ever pass a medical, long standing problems in a Ledley King kind of way by all accounts

Ah, just read it. Wonder what put him off?

Couldn't have been the state of the club. Must have been the fans, deluded and too demanding you see

Shouldn't be buying anyone who can't help us in PL.  Don't think he would improve us except for added numbers which we need.  Don't disagree with long term loans to see us through the year.  Save the money. 

Guest icemanblue

Ah, just read it. Wonder what put him off?

Probably didn't get any assurances on a first team place. Would be good news for us if it means Colo and Taylor stay.