Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

The sale of assets will have to be rapid, with the transfer window due to close next Monday. Palace have been asking £3 million for Victor Moses, the winger, but although a number of clubs, including Nottingham Forest, are interested, they have received only one offer of £1.25 million from West Bromwich Albion. A quick repeat of that offer to the administrator may now secure the player.

WTF?!  ???

Can we please get in on that?!

Forest are reported to have bid £2m. What side does he play on, right or left?

Right, left, behind the front man and striker as far as I know. Very versatile attacking player.

Regardless of how he left the club, if Jenas has a glowing reference about the place i'd be looking to sign him in the summer.

He would add much needed life to our centre midfield.

I like Sonko, was class when I used to watch Reading... they called him 'superman'. Not sure how true this rumour is though, would we be going for another CB?

I can confirm it's utter bollocks. He's not superman.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/4874275.Newcastle_gazump_Boro_in_late_bid_for_Routledge/

The Magpies manager remains hopeful of completing at least two more signings this month, and Williamson is expected to become a Newcastle player in time to be included in tonight’s squad.

The centre-half is expected to join initially on an emergency loan deal, and that will enable his registration to be rushed through in time.

Newcastle officials had hoped to conclude a deal yesterday evening, but the complexity of his current contract at Portsmouth meant further talks were scheduled for this morning. However, there are not anticipated to be any further problems.

He might not be the only defender arriving before the transfer window closes on Monday, as Hughton is also poised to make a formal approach for Stoke centre-half Ibrahima Sonko, who has spent the first half of the season on loan at Hull.

Some of this has been posted elsewhere:

Alex McLeish has confirmed that Newcastle United have expressed their interest in Martin Taylor.

But there was no move imminent, said the Blues boss.

"Not at the moment. His agents are talking to a couple of clubs and I am just waiting.

"Newcastle approached his people and said they would be interested in a loan deal. I don't know if that is the case still, but they have certainly declared an interest."

As to whether he would prefer a loan or a permanent transfer, McLeish wouldn't say.

"Tiny has got a contract to the end of the season and he is a great guy, great pro, he comes in, gets on with his job and was one of the stars of the Reading game at the end of last season which clinched promotion.

"If Tiny is still here to the end of the season, that is fine by me."

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2010/01/27/birmingham-city-alex-mcleish-confirms-newcastle-united-interest-in-martin-taylor-97319-25693500/

Regardless of how he left the club, if Jenas has a glowing reference about the place i'd be looking to sign him in the summer.

He would add much needed life to our centre midfield.

I've heard that Wullie is definitely behind this move. And he wants us to snatch Duff back too.

Victor Moses would be an awesome signing!

definitely... but i could see it ending up a beckford type scenario again

The upside... unlike Beckford, we might be willing to bid bigger given his age, potential and sell on value.

The downside... we probably arent even aware of him and certainly wont spend the kind of money needed.

How much would Moses be available for? - i.e. is he likely to be out of our price range anyway.

Tbh, if I was fat Ash I'd be thinking, 'young talent, with the promise to get better with right coaching etc. buy him cheap now and sell for a profit in a year/year and a half or so'.

How much would Moses be available for? - i.e. is he likely to be out of our price range anyway.

Tbh, if I was fat Ash I'd be thinking, 'young talent, with the promise to get better with right coaching etc. buy him cheap now and sell for a profit in a year/year and a half or so'.

he'd be having to think of outbidding others and wages if not fee  then hoping we are the most attractive option for the player. worth throwing our hats in the ring but not to go overboard for an as yet unproven player.

The administrator said in his interview on sky that we could be talking "millions". From his lit up face I'd say.... £2.5m.

Did Warncock say on SSN that the top 3 Championship sides are all after Moses ? and a couple of Prem clubs.

Quite honestly I would be stunned if we are not in for him for the amount being asked for. He is the type of player Ashley has always said he wants to bring to the club.

Did Warncock say on SSN that the top 3 Championship sides are all after Moses ? and a couple of Prem clubs.

Quite honestly I would be stunned if we are not in for him for the amount being asked for. He is the type of player Ashley has always said he wants to bring to the club.

agreed.

cant see us getting him though, sadly.