Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Man United coming to Australia next year as part of their 2013 pre-season tour. Good tickets for the Sydney game cost $169 (110GBP). Absolutely ridiculous. It costs me less than 100 quid for return travel and a match ticket from Ireland. $169 for a pre-season game ffs.

Guest icemanblue

Let's be honest, if there's anybody in the world that deserves to be ripped off by rampant football capitalism it is Australian Manchester United fans.

Irish, based in Australia. Double whammy, so, agreed.

Let's be honest, if there's anybody in the world that deserves to be ripped off by rampant football capitalism it is Australian Manchester United fans.

It's not even that. Australia is trying to increase interest in football. Bringing one of, if not the biggest, club to your country is fantastic, but is completely counteracted when you then you go and price the majority of people out of a ticket.

Man United coming to Australia next year as part of their 2013 pre-season tour. Good tickets for the Sydney game cost $169 (110GBP). Absolutely ridiculous. It costs me less than 100 quid for return travel and a match ticket from Ireland. $169 for a pre-season game ffs.

Isn't the average wage significantly higher in Oz anyhow? My mate lives in Perth and has paid $42 for 3 beers before.

Guest neesy111

Isn't the average wage significantly higher in Oz anyhow? My mate lives in Perth and has paid $42 for 3 beers before.

Perth's the most expensive place to live in the world is what all the Aussie's I've met have told me.

It's not even that. Australia is trying to increase interest in football. Bringing one of, if not the biggest, club to your country is fantastic, but is completely counteracted when you then you go and price the majority of people out of a ticket.

Got to get their money back somehow. "Hiring" :anguish: Man United won't come cheap.

42 dollaridoos?!

42 dollaridoos?!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080331191257/simpsons/images/e/ef/Andy.jpg

Dale Johnson ‏@dalejohnsonESPN

Fernando Torres has 15 shots on target in five games under Rafael Benitez, as many as in 17 Prem/UCL apps for Di Matteo this season. #cfc

:lol:

Rafa was brought in to get Torres going again before part exchanging him with Falcao.

Torres + £30m  :shifty:

Perth's the most expensive place to live in the world is what all the Aussie's I've met have told me.

Perth is absolutely ridiculous. The average wage is higher but this is a friendly and it's over three times the price of a match ticket.

We were in Australia before in '99 and I think whoever it was that got us over paid something like $3million. That was for two games though. I think this is only one.

Probably still go. :yao:

Gordan Taylor is wanting netting around pitches to protect players. :undecided:

We've had it on our stand for a few years now for this reason. It sounded horrible when it was first announced, but really you barely even notice it. Of course, it shouldn't be fucking needed and it's better without it, but it's not the end of the world either. Then again, at somewhere like SJP it would stick out a lot more than it did here.

Just watching the highlights from the derby again and just noticed when Rooney scores the opener and slides on the turf in front of some City fans, there's an Asian City fan (not Oldtype) frantically trying to get his camera ready to take a picture of us celebrating. :lol:

Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Just watching the highlights from the derby again and just noticed when Rooney scores the opener and slides on the turf in front of some City fans, there's an Asian City fan (not Oldtype) frantically trying to get his camera ready to take a picture of us celebrating. :lol:

Don't think I've ever seen that before.

They stealing your Asians now?