Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Ridiculous how Fergie always seem to sell us damaged goods. Smith, Butt, Obertan. We have been royally screwed on so many occasions.

How many times has Fergie sold a player that didnt want to leave and he's gone on to do better? Stam and Forlan, probably a few more but not that many considering the length of his reign.

Recently he's used Sunderland as his dumping ground, I'd never buy a player from Manu again, if he tried to sell me Rooney I'd wonder if I was being done over.

Ridiculous how Fergie always seem to sell us damaged goods. Smith, Butt, Obertan. We have been royally screwed on so many occasions.

I can't believe you took Obertan man. :lol:

Some day you will buy another AC from us for 35m to make amends. Well, Dalglish did. :lol:

How many times has Fergie sold a player that didnt want to leave and he's gone on to do better? Stam and Forlan, probably a few more but not that many considering the length of his reign.

Recently he's used Sunderland as his dumping ground, I'd never buy a player from Manu again, if he tried to sell me Rooney I'd wonder if I was being done over.

I'll put van Nistelrooy in that category too. Generally, he sells at the right time as does Wenger.

I'll put van Nistelrooy in that category too. Generally, he sells at the right time as does Wenger.

Horse face was old and wanted to leave, IMO he sold at the right time and got a great price iirc?

Horse face was old and wanted to leave, IMO he sold at the right time and got a great price iirc?

Fair enough. Most of the time he makes the right calls. Sly old fox.

Works out at around £21,000,000 total cost.

I think it was a bigger waste of money than Owen, at least he got us goals and we got near enough £11m or something back off the FA for his injury.

Smith offered nothing for the entire time he was here, in fact he mainly gave away freekicks leading to goals at an alarming rate.

Fair enough. Most of the time he makes the right calls. Sly old fox.

He knows like, he's very good at this and part reason Manu are always in a good place to rebuild their squads over and over. He said stam was his biggest transfer mistake (out goings) I've no doubt it was, he was a beast.

Pogba is going to be a huge mistake. Especially when you look at their current central midfield options. He's already better than Cleverley.

He wanted to leave though., and on a free. Lad totally done over Manu, hope he has a great career  :lol:

He only wanted to leave though because of the way Ferguson was towards him.

He'd agreed terms with juve a year and a half before his contract expired.

Two sides, depends which one you believe, no concrete proof either way just speculation.

I can remember the day it happened too. Scousers gloating that it was Riise's power that broke his leg. Classy.

Actually, they applauded him when he was stretched off.

Yep, I seem to remember comments from Smith himself saying the ambulance story was total bollocks.

I can remember the day it happened too. Scousers gloating that it was Riise's power that broke his leg. Classy.

Actually, they applauded him when he was stretched off.

Yep, I seem to remember comments from Smith himself saying the ambulance story was total bollocks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4742360.stm

Don't know if things changed after but both clubs seem to think it happened.

In the spirit of truth and justice that has enveloped Liverpool and Manchester United in recent days, Alan Smith insists no-one rocked his ambulance at Anfield as it tried to take him to hospital in 2006.

'Everyone at Liverpool did as much for me as any club possibly could,' said Smith. 'I was disappointed the story blew up about rocking an ambulance. That was never the case. Liverpool and Man United did everything to get me to the hospital and everything in their power to make sure I was OK.

'I thank them for that. Sometimes it's nice to say that because people have read that they were rocking my ambulance and throwing stuff at it, which is so untrue.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2207977/Alan-Smith-interview--MK-Dons-veteran.html#ixzz2QtySTR1S

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

IMO especially towards the end of his tenure with us Smith was the ultimate fraud whilst out on the pitch. For somebody that came with a reputation of giving it his all he was a coward on the pitch as he shied away from all responsibility and when he was playing in midfield all he done was stand on the toes of our central defenders and didn't look interested in receiving the ball (which is key for that position) and whenever he got it he just looked to pass it sideways or backwards. He never showed that work-rate that he was "famed" for either. People thought that he was good when we were in the Championship for the first couple of months but he wasn't. He did exactly that yet seemed to gain favour from the crowd for putting his foot in and making a slide tackle that more often than not came about because of his poor first touch.