Newcastle United 0 - 0 Bristol City - 03/10/09 - post match reaction from page 9

Nate

Still three points clear going into the international break. Could be a lot worse, but it should have been better aswell. All in all, I'm pleased

True, but these were two winnable games. We should be picking up points at home, no doubt about it.

Guest Phil K

Dismal. To waste the opportunity of two home games is criminal.

Get used to it.

Its a war of attrition now in this league

The 2 sides that drops least points will go up, not the best two

Our one paced/one dimensional midfield needs seriously looking at when the window opens. Oh for a flair player in the middle of midfield.

I can't see Ashley splashing the cash if he's still to owner when the transfer window opens. Nothing stopping us trying to loan a creative midfielder/winger now though (apart from Ashley).

Just have to hope that break will freshen them up a bit again. Cant blame Hughton atall really for this game, did as much as he could. Players just didnt perform.

Also clearly doesnt help when they learn theres not as much pressure on them bcos of other results.

Forest next

Still three points clear going into the international break. Could be a lot worse, but it should have been better aswell. All in all, I'm pleased

True, but these were two winnable games. We should be picking up points at home, no doubt about it.

Agree, but considering our squad (and it's depth or rather lack of it) we've done well. That and we've actually got results away from home which we didn't expect i.e. WBA.

I think if anyone offered us this position back in August, we'd have bitten their hands off. However, we should be 7 points clear. Players have under-performed in the last two games and that needs addressing. I'm pointing at the midfield - just not good enough.

Just have to hope that break will freshen them up a bit again. Cant blame Hughton atall really for this game, did as much as he could. Players just didnt perform.

Also clearly doesnt help when they learn theres not as much pressure on them bcos of other results.

Forest next

Think he's mostly making the right decisions in terms of personnel, but I don't think he's getting the best out of these players.

too many matches catching us up, squad not up to it, 4 points dropped at home, the only we may not get promoted is us!

I'm not got going to dignify your post with a response. 

You're back! Enjoying the rain?

Been lurking for a while.  Yeah, hope it stops for Nuit Blanche tonight. 

Bonko, mate, no offence but f*** off again: we can't win since you've been posting in the match-day threads. ;)

Aye, it would seem that way, wouldn't it?  I'd better ask for another chrimbo wish and get this team winning again.

Think he's mostly making the right decisions in terms of personnel, but I don't think he's getting the best out of these players.

True, doesnt look much like it recently does it. Bar the ipswich game we've been dodgy for a good month or so.

too many matches catching us up, squad not up to it, 4 points dropped at home, the only we may not get promoted is us!

Bonko, mate, no offence but f*** off again: we can't win since you've been posting in the match-day threads. ;)

Aye, it would seem that way, wouldn't it?  I'd better ask for another chrimbo wish and get this team winning again.

Also, I love you.

Aye, same. I'm taking my umbrella just in case, but I don't want to get my camera wet. Got any installations in mind, or just going to wander the streets with a mickey like yours truly?

Couple a mates are doing an installation at Cameron House.  Be sure to check it out: http://www.scotiabanknuitblanche.ca/iProjects.aspx?zone=C&mapID=25

^far more interesting than anything related to NUFC today, so fuck off in advance. 

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Dissapointed.

We should have had six points from these last two games. Both were winnable, we were at home, top of the league and we've only got two draws and two dismal performances out of it. Hope the players come out of the break refreshed

Also, I love you.

Haha...  it's your love that keeps me whole.

Absolutely atrocious display. No cohesion, no skill, no pace, no fucking anything like a football team should be showing. Pathetic.

And we still should have won 3-0, which makes it even worse.