Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Anyone handing money over to them lot man :lol: I've no time for the Trust either btw, but this is a mess.

It seems that one of the founding members of NUSC is behind a Twitter account @unmaskingtrolls - seems to be taking pleasure in posting photos of people's family and their employer etc. Many believe it to be that Ian mentioned in a previous post on this thread.

FWIW that 'Daz Curry' who is the brains behind the operation seems to be a bit of a helmet on Twitter, a self-proclaimed 'soopafan'. Always calling people out for not seeing them at away days amongst 3000 others. Fair play to him as he travels far and wide and obviously cares a hell of a lot, but doesn't come across well at all.

It's glorious reading mind, has to be said.

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

fucking roaring at this

Amazing.

Feels like we're not far off the usual "why don't we meet up for a pint to discuss this" end game.

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

It seems that one of the founding members of NUSC is behind a Twitter account @unmaskingtrolls - seems to be taking pleasure in posting photos of people's family and their employer etc. Many believe it to be that Ian mentioned in a previous post on this thread.

Fucking hell.

Sorry like but that nusc will be a fucking abomination if it's trying to dress itself up as a 'trust'. 

Not a fan of that Darren curry, but he does what he does well so why not make a group dedicated to away days and home displays/atmospheres?

He has the ear of the young radge element so use that to effect for me.

Media team ffs

Everything I've ever heard that Darren be against they're doing

Why didn't he just say he's gonna put on a few buses to aways and carry on with boats and renting the odd pub out and am sure more would have been happy to go along with it

I have no time for any of the clubs/trusts what ever they want to call themselves.  At the end of the day they seem to end up the same way. People just trying to make money off the fans or freebies from the club.

I’d like the club to continue to reach out to season ticket holder and members and just to polls when they need input.  

Supporters clubs are important but the club has work to do to verify them. There should be a directory on the website or some shit. 

Having access to worldwide supporters clubs and contact info for if you’re travelling should be available 

7 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Supporters clubs are important but the club has work to do to verify them. There should be a directory on the website or some shit. 

Having access to worldwide supporters clubs and contact info for if you’re travelling should be available 

If they’re people with shared locations helping each other fine.  busses to away games great.  Wor flags organising support great.  

If they’re an “elected” voice to sit between the fans and the club on getting opinions and choices on anything then no.  I also don’t buy into them needing to exist to raise issues with the club.  Allow direct contact.  Get the club to poll on the things that matter to most people. 

Edit - I like the governments get a certain amount of votes and something will be discussed.  Open a portal like this where anyone can raise an issue/ question.  If it gets backing they chat. 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

9 hours ago, LeeB said:

Amazing.

Feels like we're not far off the usual "why don't we meet up for a pint to discuss this" end game.

‘Can I ask you what you do for a living Dan’? Is another stock in trade of his.  I just hope ginger baaaals doesn’t tell him that scaffolding isn’t a trade - that usually tips him over the edge 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

The lot associated with that NUSC seem like a geet bunch of wrong'uns, like. They've already got form for stalking people's Facebook profiles, asking what they do for a living and all that kind of really fucking strange shite. Grown men ffs.

Despise our fans on Twitter for the most part, so many different cliques and cults going on it's mad. Part of the reason why meaningful protest against Ashley could never be brought together. Absolutely bizarre.

Some guy the other day was asking who Daz Curry was because Daz was saying he was a glory hunter jumping in our bandwagon because he’s not from the area.

The guy defended himself by saying he was born and raised in North Shields, then moved to Whitley Bay, before moving to York a few years ago for work.

This is what I was saying earlier on this thread, you can’t create a supporters group if you are going to gatekeep it so only people you personally know are allowed to join.

Edited by Stifler

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Given who is behind it, ‘Supporters’ as a proper noun will be those he recognises from away games.  Those who he doesn’t are ‘supporters’

As if the he knows the difference. His full stop placements on his tweets are borderline traumatising. 

10 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

As if the he knows the difference. His full stop placements on his tweets are borderline traumatising. 

Who are you like? I haven't seen you and your grammatically perfect views in the trenches?

We know from SackPardew and AshleyOut that people will mock you, be cynical about what you're doing, and rightly want to know the far end of a fart.

You need to be pretty thick-skinned, transparent, democratic, and professional. You're representing the fanbase, even those who disagree with everything you're doing.

I can't think of anyone less suitable for this sort of thing than this bloke like. Just thinking back to the way he went on about the plane banner, he had 9 out of 10 people pleading with him not to do it but did it anyway, and now under barely any scrutiny he's implying or outright saying people aren't real fans and has seemingly just copied the Trust's terms.

How can you put your trust in someone who won't listen to a majority, makes judgement on who real fans are, and copy and pastes from another Trust's website?

Surely this is just a '70s style aggro boys club made up of the people he deems worthy of membership? 

Edited by Kid Icarus