Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I realise the meetings probably underway and its too late but my whole point here is to be a b******. By all means be polite, be informed and be prepared but be a t***.

In an adversarial meeting, stuff like questioning, structure and preparedness so so important. i once took a former employer to an employment tribunal, representing myself. Had the poor bloke who sacked me in tears and stuttering and he made himself look incompetent, i just asked certain questions, a certain way. IE, I looked for hypocrisy, double standards, favouratism, negligence etc etc

I still lost mind  :lol: but im still convinced that my approach was the right one.

:lol:

As NE27 says you've got some solid ideas that could definitely be put to good use in ordinary circumstances, but isn't today's meeting via Zoom? Suppose that could make it easier for the PL to palm off any challenging line of questioning?

Only if you let them.

I was fewming for weeks afterwards. But apparantly being crap at your job isnt unlawful.

I reckon they might have access to the mute button though :lol:

:lol: Yeah this was where I was coming from. Get a little out of line and I'm sure they'll mute or have 'technical troubles'.

Which would make them 'Unreasonable' or 'Not interested in the concerns of NUFC fans' or any other number of things depending on the spin.

The meeting isn't about the takeover though. It just has a 15 minute spot. It's perfect reasonable that they move on from it after the 15 minutes.

The meeting is about the takeover as much as it is about the other individual agenda items - it is a regular meeting between the PL, FSA and representatives of the PL Trusts and the agenda is set based on topical current issues. As is our prerogative we asked for the takeover to be an item to be on the agenda (as others can ask for other items to be on the agenda) and it was accepted by the PL and FSA. It's one of the first agenda items, not an add on at the end.

I realise the meetings probably underway and its too late but my whole point here is to be a b******. By all means be polite, be informed and be prepared but be a t***.

In an adversarial meeting, stuff like questioning, structure and preparedness so so important. i once took a former employer to an employment tribunal, representing myself. Had the poor bloke who sacked me in tears and stuttering and he made himself look incompetent, i just asked certain questions, a certain way. IE, I looked for hypocrisy, double standards, favouratism, negligence etc etc

I still lost mind  :lol: but im still convinced that my approach was the right one.

As NE27 says you've got some solid ideas that could definitely be put to good use in ordinary circumstances, but isn't today's meeting via Zoom? Suppose that could make it easier for the PL to palm off any challenging line of questioning?

Only if you let them.

I was fewming for weeks afterwards. But apparantly being crap at your job isnt unlawful.

:lol: Yeah this was where I was coming from. Get a little out of line and I'm sure they'll mute or have 'technical troubles'.

Which would make them 'Unreasonable' or 'Not interested in the concerns of NUFC fans' or any other number of things depending on the spin.

The meeting isn't about the takeover though. It just has a 15 minute spot. It's perfect reasonable that they move on from it after the 15 minutes.

The meeting is about the takeover as much as it is about the other individual agenda items - it is a regular meeting between the PL, FSA and representatives of the PL Trusts and the agenda is set based on topical current issues. As is our prerogative we asked for the takeover to be an item to be on the agenda (as others can ask for other items to be on the agenda) and it was accepted by the PL and FSA. It's one of the first agenda items, not an add on at the end.

I understand that; what I mean is the PL have every right to keep to that 15 minute timeslot so that other agenda items get time too.

Only if you let them.

I know that but he who dares Rodney!

Only if you let them.

I understand that; what I mean is the PL have every right to keep to that 15 minute timeslot so that other agenda items get time too.

:thup:

The least they could do is tell us if he acknowledged the question. Why all the secrecy all of a sudden?

Think they've agreed for the minutes to be ok'd by PL first or something to that ilk?

The least they could do is tell us if he acknowledged the question. Why all the secrecy all of a sudden?

Didn’t they say they’d agreed to delay saying anything until the PL released the minutes?

Seems like playing nice last time (with the letter to Masters querying the process) led directly to NUST being granted this half hour of questioning. Which might not sound like much, but it’s more than the politicians and petitions got...

I'd ask Dick Masters where the EPL got an early copy of the WTO report and how the EPL response to this report appeared in the Guardian if the EPL were maintaing confidentiality. Whilst there remain fundamental questions over the integrity of the EPL and their executive then this is an issue for parliament.

Don't know how you can go to arbitration when no decision was made.

The PL made a decision on who would have an influence on the club though (including the chairman of PIF). PIF disputed that, but a decision had been made. That's my understanding at least.

Then PIF walked away.

Could NUST ask hard questions of the consortium as well as the PL? That is needed at this stage after the way things have fallen apart.

Hope the NUST can get some sort of meeting with the consortium and even the club so we can get an overall view of what they think. As stands it’s still nobodies fault the deal didn’t go through apparently and that’s obviously not the case.