Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Ben said:

Ashley has done an unbelievable job of splitting Newcastles fan base, it seems to be about 10 groups of fans with totally different opinions of the club and each other with a load of long timers just giving up altogether 

That’s nothing to do with Ashley, it just took “some” people a lot longer to get up to speed with the internet

7 hours ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Yep. I don’t know him personally and not saying he doesn’t speak well etc but his type is the exact reason why we are in this mess. He said he doesn’t want to think too much about decisions the club makes and just wants to get back in SJP asap.

So the club is actively self sabotaging itself but he is just happy to turn a blind eye to all of it and trudge back in and give Ashley his money without realising the impact of his actions or even being open to change by stopping going. How about he and the other sheep does start to think about the decisions that the club makes then maybe we could all get on the same page in action against Ashley. It’s why we are in this position now and have failed to do anything of note towards getting Ashley out. Too many fans ( sheep) happy to just put their head in the sand and stubbornly continue going to games without even thinking of any boycotts/protests etc @HaydnNUFC

Assuming this is a dig, personally not been to games since Benitez left due to anger at him leaving and also logistics due to moving to uni, took part in all of the SP, AO and MG protests prior to chucking it. But if you want to aim that same post over and over again at someone I'm probably not the best choice.

If not then apologies, could've just quoted my post instead of passive aggressively throwing my name at the end of that paragraph about how much you hate the matchgoers.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Why you worried?

Maybe 'worried' is the wrong word but just think whatever it is it's going to be something else to divide and not unite us.  

Ignore me tho.... I'm having a bad week and everything is "half empty" just now.

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m not sure there’s much hype, it’s just a couple of social media posts from a fan group. 

Not much hype you say? Seriously? Calling it the most ambitious fan led project in the history of the sport? 

I know @Greg does tremendous work with the NUST. Whatever they have planned for tomorrow I have no doubt that they will have worked hard on it and will have the best intentions. However I can’t see they are to get anywhere whilst Ashley is the owner of the club, even if what they are planning has had approval by the club, then the club will be quick to pull the rug from underneath them.

From an NUFC point of view there isn’t really anything they can do to fix things whilst Ashley is owner. Fans will never have enough money to buy the club or even a portion of the club. Let’s say they got a seat on the board, it will be nothing more than a token gesture. The real change as far as NUFC goes, comes from Ashley selling up. Sadly to say NUST are powerless in their efforts to make meaningful change for NUFC, although I know they are active in the drive to change football as a whole.

16 hours ago, Cookie1892 said:

its like that scene in Life of Brian

The Peoples front of NUFC

The NUFC peoples front

The popular peoples front of NUFC

The popular front of NUFC People

Steve Wraith

FYP