Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

Some of the comments man. I’ve disagreed with their methods on a couple of occasions but the amount of criticism and sly comments by posters/fans who do nothing but whinge is unreal (here and twitter). 

5 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Some of the comments man. I’ve disagreed with their methods on a couple of occasions but the amount of criticism and sly comments by posters/fans who do nothing but whinge is unreal (here and twitter). 

We don't deserve lots of people giving up their free time.

6 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Aye

Apparently its got nowt to do with the takeover.

As far as Ashley not been fit and proper to run a football club, is he not the perfect owner for the top 6, an owner with no real ambition and is happy just to keep the status quo ?

16 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Was going to put something similar, just couldn't be arsed with the inevitable debate. Atleast theyre trying something, it may work may not, but atleast it's something, other then people who just make shitty comments, and then contribute fuck all towards anything.

I'm very curious to know what the plan is tbh. I really hope it's something meaningful. 

I don't know much (or, if I'm honest - given my current attitude towards NUFC - really care) about the Trust's 'day-to-day' battles around improving the supporter experience, but I do respect their fight and their values and the fact they are simply volunteers going out of their way to fight people's corners. And with that in mind, whilst I can relate to some of the criticism they've faced around certain things or failing to fully back boycotts etc, I appreciate that they're never going to put their full weight behind that sort of message, as it fundamentally contradicts their work around accessibly and supporter experience. So you've got a Trust trying to represent a massively divided fanbase where both ends of the spectrum (go to the game / don't go to the game) have huge representation; it's an impossible job and I have sympathy for (and a lot of faith in...) the dafty who decided to become Chair. 

Nevertheless, it's literally got 14,000 members and therefore a unique level of strength in numbers in the landscape of NUFC supporter groups. The Trust is really the only active supporter group worth attaching yourself to for that reason. 

So given that strength, like I say, I hope whatever's coming is something meaningful and achievable. The nature of it suggests that it's something further reaching and more significant than the 'day-to-day stuff', and it really ought to be. Otherwise that uniquely strong asset (ie the membership) is kinda being wasted. But, then again, it's not like I'm sat here making suggestions, is it, so who gives a fuck what I think? 

Why send out that cliff-hanger nonsense and not just make an announcement on Thursday? It’s two days.

Ahh, yes. New M£mb$rs.

1 hour ago, 54 said:

Was going to put something similar, just couldn't be arsed with the inevitable debate. Atleast theyre trying something, it may work may not, but atleast it's something, other then people who just make shitty comments, and then contribute fuck all towards anything.

Depends what you define as ‘trying something’. They’re experts at trying to push their own public image.

You can’t put a value on the contribution towards the East Stand toilets though!

People are quite right to question an organisation who have taken tens of thousands of pounds from supporters and achieved fuck all to date (apart from multiple backtracks, broken promises and refusals to support protests).

But it's not new m£mb£rs is it? It's new members. They're not sat in the pub drinking away people's membership fees. 

The idea that they're out to make bank from all this is just bloody farcical. 

5 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

But it's not new m£mb£rs is it? It's new members. They're not sat in the pub drinking away people's membership fees. 

The idea that they're out to make bank from all this is just bloody farcical. 

I’m not suggesting that they are out to make bank. But every member/quid helps promote themselves.

The know full well the fanbase are on tenterhooks right now and they post utter shit like that, purposely to create unnecessary speculation. 

If Greg wasn’t so heavily involved, the criticism on here would be much more vocal.

Edited by Fantail Breeze
Removal of weird space

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’m not suggesting that they are out to make bank. But every member/quid helps promote themselves.

The know full well the fanbase are on tenterhooks right now and they post utter shit like that, purposely to create unnecessary speculation. 

If Greg wasn’t so heavily involved, the criticism on here would be much more vocal.

I still don't get it. What's nefarious about them promoting themselves? What's wrong with them trying to get more members? We can debate their actions and methods but I think that's a separate issue to any debate around whether they should or shouldn't seek out more members. 

5 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I've always held off becoming a member myself, just feels like they put their own interests ahead of the club's, too many egos involved.

Who are the ones with egos, like?