Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest secteur2010

PANIC

Joking aside, good move.

Bet the missus isnt too happy, seems like a short honeymoon

He's queer anyway so he's looking for some cock now

Guest Stephen927

For the most part we'll be holding a deep defensive line, his lack of pace shouldn't be much of an issue. Ideally you'd want a nippy centre half alongside him to cover.

Good signing will add valuable experience and can read the game very well...a bit like the signing of steve bould by the mackems all those years ago.....and if anyone thinks that williamson is better than big sol they seriously need their head read....if arsene wenger thought he was good enough last season then hes good enough for us

Guest Antigalican

I'm split on this one, but we needed someone with Taylor crocked.

Agreed, can't see how we could have done much better in the circumstances.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm split on this one, but we needed someone with Taylor crocked.

Agreed, can't see how we could have done much better in the circumstances.

Same here, if we actually have anything to spend on a striker this is probably as good a deal as we can get and we do need the cover.

Hold on a second... three signings before August? Fuck off.

'He'll never come here, stepping stone, no ambition, too good for us, not good enough, rather be playing CL football, we need hungry players, fat bastard, probably a bummer, very good signing, far too old and will command big wages.'

Arse fans wanted him to stay on.

Christ if a top 4 team's fans thing he's worthy of their team, then fucking hell, I can't see why it isn't good business.

He'll help the likes of Colo/Williamson even more.

I'd be worried about him playing week in week out and I have concerns over his current level of fitness, since he's basically had no pre-season whatsoever and is definitely the wrong side of 30... I'd love him to be involved with the first team and move on to a coaching role though. He's forgotten more about defending than our lot know combined.

Guest secteur2010

Here's one for you.

Bramble or Campbell?

I was just going to ask that.

Sorry old chap!

Guest sicko2ndbest

The things that worry me about Old Sol are:

He will be partnered with Colo which will probably be the slowest CH pairing in the prem

He will have far more defending to do than he had at Arsenal

He has done no pre-season

Xisco could take his eye off the ball!

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Happy with this. Good centre back, will bring bags of experience to the younger players.

Downside, not exactly the quickest anymore but will do a job until Taylor is fit again and then be quite dependable for the rest of season.

Just hope his wages are sensible.

Well actually, he's pretty quick. According to some article posted here about a week ago, he's the third or fourth fastest in the league last season, based on top speed.

Still, that's pretty debatable