Players you've got scouted for the future

Astroblack

Obi Mikel is shite though, pretty much everyone bar the Chelsea staff seem to realise that. He can't pass, tackle, shoot, or head. Most top quality centre-mids can do at least three of those four things really well.

Most of the Chelsea fans seem to rate him quite highly.

Dominic Adiyah was awesome at recent U20 world cup

Giuliano played at the U20 cup for Brazil was captain & wore the 10 shirt so he was worth keeping a eye on

A name I came across this week who I will be keeping a eye on is Lewis Holtby

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Holtby

Doesn't get a game for his club though.

Who doesn't? Holtby? That would be because he has been away the Germany U20 team for a good chunk of the season & Felix is drip feeding him into the Bundesliga.

Obi Mikel is shite though, pretty much everyone bar the Chelsea staff seem to realise that. He can't pass, tackle, shoot, or head. Most top quality centre-mids can do at least three of those four things really well.

Most of the Chelsea fans seem to rate him quite highly.

I can't understand why, he has nothing going for him.

Is this all off some FM game or do people actually watch the Spanish, French, Greek, German, Portuguese, Dutch, Argentinian and Armenian etc leagues?

Or is it all bullshit? Some clearly do bullshit like that Martin Jol fella and Nixon but just curious as to how much people have seen of the name bandied about on here.

Chelsea bid £14m for Rodwell. Turned down.

Rodwell really shouldn't go to Chelsea. There's no way he's getting on the pitch at DM, CM, or CB for a good little while.

he's already better than Obi Mikel imo.

He should stay here for a few years at least though & develop into one of the main men in our team, break into the England side etc before he thinks of going anywhere. Obviously I'd rather he stayed but unless Kenwright f***s off that won't happen.

Reminds me of the Chelsea of 4 years ago when they would just buy every supposedly talented Englishman and then proceed to give them f*** all time on the pitch. At some point it just seemed they wanted to win the league just by hostile takeover and forcing the other clubs to play Championship players.

As for my "scouted players"...

Pity Granero is at Real now, although I think he has no future there. He was available on the cheap and has shown flashes of great talent as playmaker at Getafe.

The LB Barça wanted to sign from Deportivo is pretty canny, Filipe Luis. But if we failed to meet his valuation don't think you could (or should), and you have José Enrique anyway.

Not really a promising player, but I don't see Milito getting his career back on track with Barcelona. On his day he was one of La Liga's best CBs, if you want to take a risk on his fitness, he should be available on the cheap.

Javi Martínez, Athletic's CM. Very strong and powerful, in the tradition of the Basque school, but also comfortable on the ball. He was linked to Liverpool this summer, so not sure he would be cheap.

If for some reason you need another GK, David De Gea (Atlético) has a bright future, even if he's still raw. Atlético has financial problems so they are pretty pillageable.

From the same team, you could probably steal Jurado. Pacey winger with great dribbling and a decent end product for a change. He can't really make the Atlético squad with Maxi in front of him, but had a great season loaned out to Mallorca.

Parejo is another casualty of Real Madrid's boneheaded youth setup. Has oozles of talent and has just been sold to Getafe for peanuts. He is usually played as AMC but I think he's a better central midfielder, has a great pass on him. He was also loaned out to QPR last year I think. My only reservation is that he seems a bit of a sissy, and the EPL is physically tougher than La Liga

Will see if I can think of more...

Obi Mikel is s**** though, pretty much everyone bar the Chelsea staff seem to realise that. He can't pass, tackle, shoot, or head. Most top quality centre-mids can do at least three of those four things really well.

Nah, really disagree on that especially after yesterday. Really good and accurate passer and a big, strong player that wins the ball frequently and hardly ever loses it. Definitely needs to find his shooting boots to achieve full potential though.

Obi Mikel is s**** though, pretty much everyone bar the Chelsea staff seem to realise that. He can't pass, tackle, shoot, or head. Most top quality centre-mids can do at least three of those four things really well.

Nah, really disagree on that especially after yesterday. Really good and accurate passer and a big, strong player that wins the ball frequently and hardly ever loses it. Definitely needs to find his shooting boots to achieve full potential though.

it seem lack of determination & less work rate which hinder his progressions. But i still think he is good player with canny passing ability.

What do you think of Achille Emana, Minister? He wants out of Betis and his first season in La Liga was pretty good. He seems a bit of a tosser though.

Haven't watched him much in Spain, but I always thought he was a top top player at Toulouse, and it always seemed like he was on the verge of moving on and accomplishing big things. I definitely thought he would have been a great buy for Newcastle as we've lacked a player like him for years. I guess it just never came together for him. I actually watched him yesterday for Cameroon and he didn't seem as good as before. Lost the ball a lot, and was generally sloppy. Maybe he's gone stagnant at Betis?

it seem lack of determination & less work rate which hinder his progressions. But i still think he is good player with canny passing ability.

Definitely. Also, I think that he is too hesistant sometimes. I can see that he's been putting more effort in though. That's why I was impressed with him yesterday. Really stood up and took the game by it's neck, and was a leader. I think he could really show himself in Sotuh Africa.

What do you think of Achille Emana, Minister? He wants out of Betis and his first season in La Liga was pretty good. He seems a bit of a tosser though.

Haven't watched him much in Spain, but I always thought he was a top top player at Toulouse, and it always seemed like he was on the verge of moving on and accomplishing big things. I definitely thought he would have been a great buy for Newcastle as we've lacked a player like him for years. I guess it just never came together for him. I actually watched him yesterday for Cameroon and he didn't seem as good as before. Lost the ball a lot, and was generally sloppy. Maybe he's gone stagnant at Betis?

By all accounts his first season was very good. He was the team's top scorer and main attack drive. He has had a very nasty transfer saga over the summer, and his situation at Betis is currently very bad with rumors that he feigns injuries and shows up late at trainings. He has a very strained relation with the manager and board, and he's gone from hero to foe for the fans... part of it it's his fault I think, since he didn't carry his transfer request very well and that has isolated him in the squad. I understand completely that all of it will be affecting his game. He really needs to move out of there in January.

His father died this summer, too.

Guest geordienorway

Dominic Adiyah was awesome at recent U20 world cup

Giuliano played at the U20 cup for Brazil was captain & wore the 10 shirt so he was worth keeping a eye on

A name I came across this week who I will be keeping a eye on is Lewis Holtby

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Holtby

Doesn't get a game for his club though.

Who doesn't? Holtby? That would be because he has been away the Germany U20 team for a good chunk of the season & Felix is drip feeding him into the Bundesliga.

Adiyah.

diego buononate for river

Played a stormer today and the only player in their current team who I could see playing a high level in Europe although he is a shortatse.

Marcelo Gallardo was canny too but he's getting on a bit now

Chelsea bid £14m for Rodwell. Turned down.

Rodwell really shouldn't go to Chelsea. There's no way he's getting on the pitch at DM, CM, or CB for a good little while.

he's already better than Obi Mikel imo.

He should stay here for a few years at least though & develop into one of the main men in our team, break into the England side etc before he thinks of going anywhere. Obviously I'd rather he stayed but unless Kenwright f***s off that won't happen.

Reminds me of the Chelsea of 4 years ago when they would just buy every supposedly talented Englishman and then proceed to give them f*** all time on the pitch. At some point it just seemed they wanted to win the league just by hostile takeover and forcing the other clubs to play Championship players.

As for my "scouted players"...

Pity Granero is at Real now, although I think he has no future there. He was available on the cheap and has shown flashes of great talent as playmaker at Getafe.

The LB Barça wanted to sign from Deportivo is pretty canny, Filipe Luis. But if we failed to meet his valuation don't think you could (or should), and you have José Enrique anyway.

Not really a promising player, but I don't see Milito getting his career back on track with Barcelona. On his day he was one of La Liga's best CBs, if you want to take a risk on his fitness, he should be available on the cheap.

Javi Martínez, Athletic's CM. Very strong and powerful, in the tradition of the Basque school, but also comfortable on the ball. He was linked to Liverpool this summer, so not sure he would be cheap.

If for some reason you need another GK, David De Gea (Atlético) has a bright future, even if he's still raw. Atlético has financial problems so they are pretty pillageable.

From the same team, you could probably steal Jurado. Pacey winger with great dribbling and a decent end product for a change. He can't really make the Atlético squad with Maxi in front of him, but had a great season loaned out to Mallorca.

Parejo is another casualty of Real Madrid's boneheaded youth setup. Has oozles of talent and has just been sold to Getafe for peanuts. He is usually played as AMC but I think he's a better central midfielder, has a great pass on him. He was also loaned out to QPR last year I think. My only reservation is that he seems a bit of a sissy, and the EPL is physically tougher than La Liga

Will see if I can think of more...

There was a Madrid striker we were once linked with under Sir Bobby (probably just BS in the papers) came through the youth system, supposedly the new Raul, great finisher etc., what happened to him? Think he was called Portillo.

He's pants, though. Kind of player who's supposed to be great "one day" until you look again and see he's 27 and has done sod all.

Had a staggering scoring record at all the levels leading up to the first team iirc. Just not strong enough for proper football?

He's pants, though. Kind of player who's supposed to be great "one day" until you look again and see he's 27 and has done sod all.

Had a staggering scoring record at all the levels leading up to the first team iirc. Just not strong enough for proper football?

He had a wild scoring record at youth levels, yes, but he's never reproduced that form. He's only looked decent at best in his best seasons. There are lots of strikers that bag stupid amounts of goals at youth level and then struggle with the physicality of real football when they can't just grab the ball at run at a goal defended by 120 pound teenagers.

I guess some players just don't have the drive. One of the things for example that amazes me from Torres, is how much stronger he is now compared to when he started to break through (he looked pretty puny then, and fell on his arse a lot).

Is Bojan going to become the player everyone thought he might after his goalscoring exploits as a kid? I know very little about him other than he's absolutely tiny and regularly on the bench for Barca.