Fabrice Pancrate goes back to France

BeloEmre

This is a pretty positive move I think. Good stuff.

I think Mike Ashley's vision of Newcastle was always to go for these kinds of signings  or cheap young players, both of which do not have a large transfer fee. With a manager in place who is more amenable to this it will be interesting to see how it works out.

I'm actually gobsmacked that we're actually getting bodies in for our problem areas.

Sensibility? Not in MY Newcastle...

Tomorrow the story will break that hes on £40k a week and has an option to extend the contract by 5 years.

Tomorrow JFK will declare that he scouted and reccomended him last season.

We're crying out for a right-winger. Therefore, wp Chris.

I would agree, this is one position we have failed to address since selling Milner so at least we are buying players where the squad desperately needs to be strengthened for a change, and kudos to Hughton for that at least. Now he just needs to be a half decent player and we're sorted.

Quite happy with the decisiveness shown here. We were first linked with him a week ago, Hughton watched him play in mid-week and then signed him up before the next first team game.

I don't know if he'll start, but pacey players who can take on a man are in dire shortage in the current squad. And Ryan Taylor alongside Nolan and Smith equals a midfield 75% lacking in mobility.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2009/20091121_230201_pancrate-signe-a-newcastle.html

Love how the first comment on there by a French fan is simply, "Poor Magpies". :lol:

aye but the last one timed at 11:31 also mentions anelka so that's good enough for me.

(no i haven't got a clue what it says)

:lol:

Basically saying he's shown humility by dropping down a division. Like Anelka did 3 years ago when his career was going nowhere and joined Bolton to get his career back on track. Said he's joined a good club and wants to see him score in the Premier League against one of the big 4!

Our last free transfer from France was Cacapa wasn't it?

Don't...(shudder)

You know, still can't understand how he fell away so completely - he did a good job in France. How could he become such a reliabilty so quickly ?