Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Michael Owen is worse than modern day footballers. He's arguably one of the worst in recent memory IMO. He's an over inflated self worth, bigger than anyone who's helped him in the past, too big for the press, and that video of him being a fucking dick to that lad of a goalie sums it all up for me.

I was through the fucking moon when we signed him, I thought - Big Al and Michael Owen, passing the mantle off - but no way. Got that so wrong. I hope his book fails, because seriously, feel like the only thing people will want to read is about his decline :lol: what a piece of shit.

He played for some big clubs according to him yet he write about us a lot. he contradict himself.

I'm sure he'd prefer to write about Liverpool, but they never really forgave him for turning his back on them. Eventually signing for Man U probably did him no favours either. He really is a backstabbing little toerag with no friends.

Wonder who the mutual mate was, if it was a footballer

Neil Farrington replies to Owen in that tweet and links to a post on here

I was at Vicarage Road that day and remember the day, but have no recollection of Owen getting stick. If he did, it wasn't by more than a handful. Dyer, on the other hand, got loads of stick.

A blue tick, just like that account.

Couldn’t give less of a fuck what Owen says or thinks; it absolutely kills him that he’s not well liked. Not only by us but by fans across the board, it’s almost impressive considering what he did for England. He’s a narcissistic prick, it’s good job he’s rich and loves money more than anything as without he’d be a weird loner.

Well this is weird :lol:

At the time I felt so strongly he was taking the piss man. It was so frustrating.

From what I recall when we signed Owen we were being linked a fair bit with Anelka too, who it looked like we would sign if Owen refused to leave Madrid. Well, we ended up with Owen and Anelka ended up going to Bolton where he did really well, and seemingly never got injured either.

As a massive Anelka fan I was gutted we didn't get him back then. To make it worse Owen then acted as if he was doing the club a favour and was always injured. Very very annoying.

Well this is weird :lol:

At the time I felt so strongly he was taking the piss man. It was so frustrating.

From what I recall when we signed Owen we were being linked a fair bit with Anelka too, who it looked like we would sign if Owen refused to leave Madrid. Well, we ended up with Owen and Anelka ended up going to Bolton where he did really well, and seemingly never got injured either.

As a massive Anelka fan I was gutted we didn't get him back then. To make it worse Owen then acted as if he was doing the club a favour and was always injured. Very very annoying.

I remember reading a Souness interview a few years ago talking about how he wanted to sign Anelka but Shepherd went over his head and got Luque instead.

Didn't he also do that with Nicky Butt when Speed left, or am I just imagining that?