Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Well this is weird :lol:

At the time I felt so strongly he was taking the piss man. It was so frustrating.

From what I recall when we signed Owen we were being linked a fair bit with Anelka too, who it looked like we would sign if Owen refused to leave Madrid. Well, we ended up with Owen and Anelka ended up going to Bolton where he did really well, and seemingly never got injured either.

As a massive Anelka fan I was gutted we didn't get him back then. To make it worse Owen then acted as if he was doing the club a favour and was always injured. Very very annoying.

I remember reading a Souness interview a few years ago talking about how he wanted to sign Anelka but Shepherd went over his head and got Luque instead.

Didn't he also do that with Nicky Butt when Speed left, or am I just imagining that?

Souness wanted Anelka and Luis Boa Morte.

Shepherd got him Owen and Luque instead. Two players that ended up having injury problems, and who ended up not contributing nearly enough.

Anelka and Luis Boa Morte iin 2005 would have given us far more power and pace and would have been so much more productive. So unfortunate really.

We supported Owen. We believed in him. It wasn’t till he left that he got any criticism. It often looked like he didn’t care but no one wanted to believe that. But then he confirmed he didn’t care. He’s a fucking prick.

Speak for yourself mate. I went off him as soon as he tried to beg Liverpool to sign him instead, and I liked him less the longer he stayed here. In fact I distinctly recall getting banned for a week ( rightly so Admin!) for abusing the poster who had his picture as an avatar.

Footballers like him and Karl Henry (from the roughest part of Wolverhampton and votes tory and basically decries "money for nothing) are the absolute worst. They won the genetic lottery, literally all chance, and made a shit load of money. Such fucking bullshit.

Wasn’t too long ago a certain bald footballer was saying the same but plenty thought it was ok

Get this thread to the bottom of page 10.

He says bumping the thread :lol:

Tbf I think it's probably time to let this one go and let the irrelevant turd flush down the pages where he belongs, he's had his moment in the limelight.

Well this is weird :lol:

At the time I felt so strongly he was taking the piss man. It was so frustrating.

From what I recall when we signed Owen we were being linked a fair bit with Anelka too, who it looked like we would sign if Owen refused to leave Madrid. Well, we ended up with Owen and Anelka ended up going to Bolton where he did really well, and seemingly never got injured either.

As a massive Anelka fan I was gutted we didn't get him back then. To make it worse Owen then acted as if he was doing the club a favour and was always injured. Very very annoying.

I remember reading a Souness interview a few years ago talking about how he wanted to sign Anelka but Shepherd went over his head and got Luque instead.

Didn't he also do that with Nicky Butt when Speed left, or am I just imagining that?

Souness wanted Anelka and Luis Boa Morte.

Shepherd got him Owen and Luque instead. Two players that ended up having injury problems, and who ended up not contributing nearly enough.

Anelka and Luis Boa Morte iin 2005 would have given us far more power and pace and would have been so much more productive. So unfortunate really.

Ah that's right. I totally forgot about the seemingly endless Boa Morte links in the Chronicle in 2005. They could have both been great signings for us in fairness, given what we already had. Wasn't it said we avoided Anelka because of his supposed injury record? The irony :lol:

Meanwhile...