Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

It's a shame he wont look back on his career and be embarressed by his startling lack of ambition. Those are shocking comments to make.

Cant find the exact figures but I work it out at about 80 starts in the past 7 years of his career.

A staggering 11 starts per season.

Congratulations Michael.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Don't know about anyone else, but I like this thread. Owen is an awesome WUM/Troll. Gives Stu a run for his money!

Don't know about anyone else, but I like this thread. Owen is an awesome WUM/Troll. Gives Stu a run for his money!

I really don't think he is a wind-up merchant. I just think he's a self-absorbed cunt who's completely oblivious to the real world and how much of a sack he is.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/250508/Newcastle-hit-back-at-Michael-Owen-s-jibes-

NEWCASTLE HIT BACK AT MICHAEL OWEN'S JIBES

Friday June 3,2011

By Bill Bradshaw, Sports Editor

MICHAEL Owen sparked a furious row with Newcastle after dismissing them as “a poor team” on Twitter.

Owen had come under criticism on the social networking site for agreeing to a new 12-month contract at Manchester United, where he is sparingly used as cover. But Owen spat back, saying: “Prefer playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor team. Been there and didn’t enjoy it.” Having played for Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle, there was no disguising the club in his sights.

Newcastle chairman Derek Llambias said: “I’m very disappointed. Under Kevin Keegan’s management he was offered a one-year extension at £140,000 a week which he did not take. He was already on £133,000. His time here cost £40-odd million, about £1.3m per goal.”

Former co-owner Freddy Shepherd, who paid £16m to Real for Owen, said: “We might have been a poor team but we made him a rich man. He spent more time ferrying between Cheshire and Tyneside in his £3.5m helicopter.”

Guest Loven11

133,000 a week. Fucking hell, the greedy bastard.

He can seriously fuck off the little bastard.

Funny how we could afford to offer £140,000 per week btw. I was under the impression we were/are skint, and it was all the fault of contracts advocated under the previous regime. Weird.

Funny how we could afford to offer £140,000 per week btw. I was under the impression we were/are skint, and it was all the fault of contracts advocated under the previous regime. Weird.

Owen

Marketability. :pow:

Anyways, £133,000-a-week. Fucking hell fire. Didn't realise it was that large. What a fucking, fucking cunt.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know why it hasn't been mentioned that he was massively influential in our shitness. He was more to blame than all of the other players for our relegation, fucking useless article cunt.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/250508/Newcastle-hit-back-at-Michael-Owen-s-jibes-

NEWCASTLE HIT BACK AT MICHAEL OWEN'S JIBES

Friday June 3,2011

By Bill Bradshaw, Sports Editor

MICHAEL Owen sparked a furious row with Newcastle after dismissing them as “a poor team” on Twitter.

Owen had come under criticism on the social networking site for agreeing to a new 12-month contract at Manchester United, where he is sparingly used as cover. But Owen spat back, saying: “Prefer playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor team. Been there and didn’t enjoy it.” Having played for Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle, there was no disguising the club in his sights.

Newcastle chairman Derek Llambias said: “I’m very disappointed. Under Kevin Keegan’s management he was offered a one-year extension at £140,000 a week which he did not take. He was already on £133,000. His time here cost £40-odd million, about £1.3m per goal.”

Former co-owner Freddy Shepherd, who paid £16m to Real for Owen, said: “We might have been a poor team but we made him a rich man. He spent more time ferrying between Cheshire and Tyneside in his £3.5m helicopter.”

£133000 PW. Sickening.

I always thought it was £105,000 a week or something. Fucking hell.

Dunno why, but that was the exact figure i had in mind, too. Scandalous either way, really.

There's a category of footballers which i can't stand, the common ones, but you can't hate them. Owen's a different animal though. I don't think i'll ever hate another footballer in the way i do Owen. An absolutely despicable cunt.

Nice sly dig at Keegan...

Textbook. Notice he's given these quotes to the Express btw? Same paper as those comments they get from 'a source' from time to time. I guess he didn't mind them using his name this time.

I just don't get how we've all been lead to believe he was on £110,000 a week, then I'm fairly certain that Fat Fred done an interview for the Sunday Sun slating Owen before the Man U home match and he said himself Owen was on the wages we thought, yet Llambias comes out with this huge figure out of nowhere. The fact that Llambias is basically slating Owen's record and wages, then saying they offered him a wage increase (with the KK dig) doesnt add up. Don't believe him.