Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Guest neesy111

So Llambias has confirmed that owen was on 133k a week at NUFC.  Really do wonder what certain players under the Shepherd era were paid.

He was offered a year extension as well at £140k, but didn't take it.

Crazy stuff.

I know.  Glad we are away from these days now.

Yeah, but those good strikers do score sometimes :lol:

Not sure what point you are trying to make here.

That all strikers miss. Good finishers score more often than others. Owen missed more than what you'd expect from a good finisher.

He also always seemed to miss the same way. No plan B when 1 on 1.

Anybody who actually watched NUFC's matches for the tail end of Owen's career here will tell you Owen is not a good finisher. Maybe he was 7-8 years ago, but for whatever reason, he certainly isn't now.

He was floundering about missing chances in a fucking testimonial match the other day, man.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, but those good strikers do score sometimes :lol:

Not sure what point you are trying to make here.

That all strikers miss. Good finishers score more often than others. Owen missed more than what you'd expect from a good finisher.

Anybody who actually watched NUFC's matches for the tail end of Owen's career here will tell you Owen is not a good finisher. Maybe he was 7-8 years ago, but for whatever reason, he certainly isn't now.

He was floundering about missing chances in a fucking testimonial match the other day, man.

Lost his sharpness which has affected his finishing imo.

Of course he's a good finisher, you don't end up with a record like his by the ball just going in off your arse every other game. He's not as clinical these days like, but for us that was purely down to a lack of being bothered as well as his general decline IMO.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Always somebody else's fault that he didn't score in his last 12 games. Martins, AC and even Lovenkrands managed to get a few in that time. Twas only he that struggled.

"Even Lovenkrands" :lol:

I agree, though.

He was floundering about missing chances in a f***ing testimonial match the other day, man.

Bound to be lack of match practice. It's sad to think that you'd rather sit on the bench than to play week in, week out.

Guest neesy111

Always somebody else's fault that he didn't score in his last 12 games. Martins, AC and even Lovenkrands managed to get a few in that time. Twas only he that struggled.

"Even Lovenkrands" :lol:

I agree, though.

Even Carroll scored 3 goals since he last scored in the premiership that season.

Guest neesy111

Of course he was a good finisher, you don't end up with a record like his by the ball just going in off your arse every other game. He's not as clinical these days like, but for us that was purely down to a lack of being bothered as well as his general decline IMO.

FYP

He'll probably just say he was talking about the principle of playing every week versus playing for a better club.

That's what I thought at first. But this time he added something like "I've done that before" to his statement.

Edit: "Been there and didn't enjoy it" to be precise.

Guest bimpy474

Moncur is a bit of an outspoken prick, but good to see him laying in to Owen.

Bit harsh  :yikes:,  i know Bob has a lot to say when he talks about the club, but at least you know he really does love the club and has its best interest at heart, as for Owen i'm still waiting for someone to give the little twat a real proper mauling in the press.

It just shows he's got his priorities all wrong, especially at this point where his career is coming to an end rapidly. The only person who comes off badly in this is him.

That's the sad thing. He hasn't got his priorities wrong in his eyes. This is actually how he wants his career to end. Everyone on this forum would kill to have the chances he has and he'd prefer to be sat on the bench. It's unreal. I don't get it, he might as well retire. He'd have a lot more respect from the masses if he done that rather than pull off the shit he is now.

He knows his limitations.. that's why he said this, however i read it like - he would rather be in a team creating lots of chances as he's now ineffective in a struggling team. 

IIRC he has pretty much said this as well, back a few months.  This recent quote is more of the same except more vague and inflammatory.