Craig Bellamy

James

I actually have a lot of time for Bellamy, and it's very sad to read that interview.  :whatdidido:

Contrary to popular opinion, I actually think he's a good lad. My mother worked at St James' for years, doing all sorts, but for a while she worked as a steward in the players and staff car park bit. When it was her last shift he gave her a bunch of flowers and was very nice to her, always talked about his kids and that.

Compare that with Kieran Dyer, who threw a crumpled up £20 note at my mother at one point and muttered something along the lines of ''you need it don't you?''.

another talented little t*** with no direction.

In addition to whom?

I actually have a lot of time for Bellamy, and it's very sad to read that interview.  :whatdidido:

Contrary to popular opinion, I actually think he's a good lad. My mother worked at St James' for years, doing all sorts, but for a while she worked as a steward in the players and staff car park bit. When it was her last shift he gave her a bunch of flowers and was very nice to her, always talked about his kids and that.

Compare that with Kieran Dyer, who threw a crumpled up £20 note at my mother at one point and muttered something along the lines of ''you need it don't you?''.

In addition to whom?

michael owen, joey barton off the top of my head

Bellamy has always been a mercurial character who seems to reach a point where he outstays his welcome or feels slighted and moves on. Personally I've never been a fan of his because of the disruptions off the pitch but there is no doubting his ability on the pitch when he has been motivated.

Can totally see how the loss of your best friend in such a way could lead you to becoming more insular and withdrawn from those closest to you.

Most of us don't have to go through that thankfully. Terrible, terrible thing.

:thup:

Can totally see how the loss of your best friend in such a way could lead you to becoming more insular and withdrawn from those closest to you.

Just a convenient excuse to leave his missus ,ffs everyone has a loss but its the the cynic in me that says  :rolleyes: ,my wife has has a recent loss but she hasnt taken it out on me or anyone else .

Just a convenient excuse to leave his missus ,ffs everyone has a loss but its the the cynic in me that says  :rolleyes: ,my wife has has a recent loss but she hasnt taken it out on me or anyone else .

I don't see how anyone can judge. Grief can affect people in different ways. I've seen both people get closer and be parted by such things. It's a strange thing to bring up in the media I'll concede. But to say it's a load of shit just because it hasn't affected ourselves in the same way isn't fair tbh.

Sometimes its actually ok not to be cynical.

If ever there is a time to give someone the benefit of the doubt it's when they are talking about the suicide of a dear friend.

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1313746.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Craig+Bellamy+and+Gary+Speed

:thup:

Guest Stephen927

That's great for your wife and your family. Grievance has its way of affecting everyone different.

The type of guy Bellamy is, I doubt he'd need an excuse to end his marriage if he wanted to.

Says a lot about Speed, again.

Bellamy has had his fair share of enemies, the way he fell out with Carver and then later Shearer, Speed - being a close friend of the two of them - would strike me as the type of person who'd give up on him in the same way that Shearer alledgedly had enough of him. Obviously he wasn't.

Bellamy is still one of my all-time favourite players. His character is complex and the way he left the club was not worthy. I think his ego is necessary in order for him to be the player he is even if it means he's never been able to settle. Still think he played the football of his life at NUFC.

That's great for your wife and your family. Grievance has its way of affecting everyone different.

The type of guy Bellamy is, I doubt he'd need an excuse to end his marriage if he wanted to.

Very true with Bellamy  i agree,great player with us and here for too short a time but wow he is a loose canon as a person .

Yer thats the problem, not the fact that he's been injured for the last 5 years :lol: Still a twat mind :thup:

• 8 months later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/craig-bellamy-autobiography-alan-shearer-1922766

I felt bad for Newcastle when they lost their 2005 FA Cup semi-final to Manchester United.

They had loaned me out to Celtic by then, but I still had a lot of affection for them.

They lost 4-1 and were never in it.

Afterwards, Alan Shearer did a television interview.

He mentioned shortcomings in defence, which made me laugh.

Alan needed to look at himself a bit more. He wasn’t the player he had been and now he was trying to pass the buck.

It was sad, because I had so much admiration for Alan as a player and I learned so much from him. But time had caught up with him.

I had seen the semi-final.

I had seen how poorly he performed personally.

I thought it was wrong for him to do an ­interview afterwards in those circumstances.

So I got my phone out and texted him.

“F****** typical of you,” I texted. “Looking at everyone else yet again. You need to look at yourself instead. Your legs are f****** shot. Concentrate on yourself and let the team take care of itself.”

I got one back from him straight away.

“If I ever see you in Newcastle again,” he wrote, “I’ll knock you out.”

“I’m back in Newcastle next week,” I texted back. “Pop round and say hello.”

I certainly wasn’t scared of him.

I’ve seen his bite.

His 'Big, hard Al' act wasn’t for me.

I have seen younger boys than me put him in his place on the team coach.

I watched him digging out Lomana LuaLua once, and when LuaLua told him to go to the back of the coach and say it to his face, Al didn’t fancy that much.

He didn’t move an inch.

Guest palnese

“F****** typical of you,” I texted. “Looking at everyone else yet again. You need to look at yourself instead. Your legs are f****** shot. Concentrate on yourself and let the team take care of itself.”

Why even bother?