Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

The average as in all wage bills combined and divided by the number of clubs, however that will be distorted by the massive wage bill of the top four plus Man City (and us to a degree).  Most Premiership clubs will have wage bills nowhere near £60m.

The average as in all wage bills combined and divided by the number of clubs, however that will be distorted by the massive wage bill of the top four plus Man City (and us to a degree).  Most Premiership clubs will have wage bills nowhere near £60m.

Aye.

Hull are £40m

Everton £46m

Portsmouth have vastly reduced theirs from £60m to £36m.

Indicative of the clubs ambition for next season.

Where have you found 2009 wage bills by the way?  I know all the wage bills for 2008 due to financial reports but I'd be interested to see any real info on 2009 wages.

Just off google searches/paper talk.

For example, recent reports said Portsouth failed to pay the £3m wage Bill for January => £3m x 12 = £36m

The Everton one was off 2008 I think.

Simpson, who becomes a free agent in June, was after a deal that would have given him £15,000-a-week rising to £20,000 if the Magpies were promoted.

Don't know how those wages compare to what other clubs are paying but I'd think there aren't too many capable of paying Simpson 20k a week, and the ones that are wouldn't sign him. 15k sounds about right. Not massive wages by any means but these are the times we are in.

I'd be looking to pay him 10-15k IF we get promoted.

:thup:  agree 100% . Enough clubs already got problem with wages, rather we are'nt one of them. (gotta get our high earners down also)

Aye.

Hull are £40m

Everton £46m

Everton's average wage looks about right, they have been fairly successful and they can justify paying a bit more, even so they are one of the tightest run clubs as far as wages go. They spend what they earn for the most part. I can't see how Hull can pay those wages without getting into trouble further down the line. Maybe they've got a smaller squad but spend more per player that way?

Aye.

Hull are £40m

Everton £46m

Everton's average wage looks about right, they have been fairly successful and they can justify paying a bit more, even so they are one of the tightest run clubs as far as wages go. They spend what they earn for the most part. I can't see how Hull can pay those wages without getting into trouble further down the line. Maybe they've got a smaller squad but spend more per player that way?

they're looking to cut their wage bill according to their chairman as he says its too high

Who else is there? :shifty:

Ryan Taylor,colinmk, johnnypd, S.S.R., Toon_Norway, robm, Village Idiot, SentSix, Kaizero, Fugazi, sh74, Dave, Beezeri, jdckelly, Gorilla, bigchrisfgb, ankka, Sifu, Brazilianbob, ikri, Ankdh, bjornagn, hakka, Peder75, Oasisandtoonfan, LionOfGosforth, Unbelievable!, Kid Icarus, Joey, Spark, cfcmagpies, Lefty Toon, afar, mouldy_uk, Waynebob, Legacy, Lagerstedt, Dragon55544, alankhaw, gazza ladra, Jayson, Blackett, Andy, geordieglory, Unlucky Luque, BeloEmre, Enrique, Felipao91, bulivye, MightyMorphinNileRanger, QuakesMag, JoeyBartoon, matta, Sa1tY, swebat, catmag, tmonkey, Sm1d, mosstef, foreverer, Sam, NoU, ian, KaKa, timeEd32, gdm, Willow, Amir_9, Messi, cubaricho, Mag in Aberdeen, adam, geordienorway, Chris Babalooba, geordie jamie, Adam^, hallihg, mkdisciple, Retro, LBW, Ameritoon, toon25, ozzrahog, Peppe, wacko, Gemmill, dazzanufc1892, bonniebairns, stlouismag, sicko2ndbest, barnabox, toonarmy, Stu, kager, Niel, jarralad, Hudson, Bad Mongo, Jazz@, Lusikka, Leeds Mag, chip2388, ennyoueffsea, captainhaircut, Chris_R, EthiGeordie, pricedoutoftoon, Jonny Hall, dhumphrey, Navman, The Bonk  & THEN DANNY SIMPSON

Getting beat up pretty unfairly on here.  For what we are able to get at this point, I think he's worth a punt - especially for the next year/year and a half.

Tonight he faced some decent opposition (and pretty mediocre by Premier League standards) and was absolutely raped out there. If we get him it doesn't bode well for next season if we go up.

I was unimpressed with him since his very first game against Sheffield Wednesday, he offers absolutely nothing in attack and BARELY goes forward, his tracking back and defending against wingers is absolutely shocking, he just backs away from them, Raylor came on today and played a better game than he did for 84 minutes.

People have been praising him because weve hardly seen anything from him, he just goes by unnoticed, never produces anything flash but dosent fuck up due to the weakness of the opposition and others covering for him. Disaster in the prem.