Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest magpie99

Santon, Saylor, Colo, Peeters?

Tavernier, Williamson, Kadar, Raylor, Ferguson

Simpson sold for 2 million, Peeeters in for 5 million

I would go for that.

Whilst he's in the first team he's obligated to ask for a significant rise, as are/were all the players who were involved in the promotion and subsequent consolidation of our Premier League status. Unfortunately, we don't have the financial muscle to afford significant rises to the likes of Simpson. Jonas, Coloccini and Tiote are different matters, but try justifying that to a player who's had as much playing time as them - if not more.

It's a pretty awkward scenario, but you would hope that Simpson would realise his limitations and be aware that he's not going to get a better gig than us, and accept a standard wage. The alternatives he would have could just push us through where this is concerned. He's still young enough to not want to accept dropping a division, like Nolan did.

I can see him signing a new contract, tbh.

Likeable lad and good professional, but if we want to move forward we need to find better in time anyway.

Still need back up. Simpson and Raylor would be good enough back up while Santon and another occupy their spaces (when they deserve to lose their place that is).

Likeable lad and good professional, but if we want to move forward we need to find better in time anyway.

Still need back up. Simpson and Raylor would be good enough back up while Santon and another occupy their spaces (when they deserve to lose their place that is).

:nods:

Would like to keep him but doubt it's happening. He was always going to leave at one point imo considering his friendship with the likes of Nolan, Barton, Carroll and Harper and his 'involvement' in the good group of lads in the CCC.

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew has warned Danny Simpson to sign his new contract 'ASAP'.

The club have been locked in talks with the 24-year-old over extending his contract, but as yet the former Manchester United man is yet to put pen-to-paper.

And Pardew is seemingly growing increasingly frustrated at Simpson's stance regarding his future at the club.

"We've made Danny an offer which I think is a good offer, if I'm honest," Pardew told the Sunday Sun.

"Like everything it's very difficult to understand value when you're a young player. You see other players at other football clubs and you hear rumours, etc etc.

"I think Danny should commit to the football club because he's done terrifically well here and the one thing I do know about young players in the Premier League, you can get lost quite quickly.

"He doesn't want to do that, he's found himself a nice berth in the club. He's keeping out Davide Santon, who we've paid very good money for; he's a new father, he's doing particularly well. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener and I would advise him to get his contract done ASAP.

"Danny needs to remember he's playing and getting valuable experience in the best defence in the Premier League."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7320514,00.html

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew has warned Danny Simpson to sign his new contract 'ASAP'.

The club have been locked in talks with the 24-year-old over extending his contract, but as yet the former Manchester United man is yet to put pen-to-paper.

And Pardew is seemingly growing increasingly frustrated at Simpson's stance regarding his future at the club.

"We've made Danny an offer which I think is a good offer, if I'm honest," Pardew told the Sunday Sun.

"Like everything it's very difficult to understand value when you're a young player. You see other players at other football clubs and you hear rumours, etc etc.

"I think Danny should commit to the football club because he's done terrifically well here and the one thing I do know about young players in the Premier League, you can get lost quite quickly.

"He doesn't want to do that, he's found himself a nice berth in the club. He's keeping out Davide Santon, who we've paid very good money for; he's a new father, he's doing particularly well. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener and I would advise him to get his contract done ASAP.

"Danny needs to remember he's playing and getting valuable experience in the best defence in the Premier League."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7320514,00.html

:hmm:

I though he was our new left back?

He's flattering Simpson to try and sign him, obviously feels he's valuable, worrying if he ditches him for Santon, Simpson'll be straight out the door.

I would not be greatly upset to see him go to be honest, except there does seem to be a shortage of decent rightbacks throughout the league so maybe it's hard to find another

"You're not going to get a better deal anywhere else, Danny.  You're not going to cut it at the teams above us in the league (in fact you already didn't once lol) and we pay more than anyone else you'd move to, so sign the fucking thing."