Proposed European Super League

madras

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Why don't Real Madrid and Barca just breakaway on their own, play each other 38 times a season in 38 different locations around the globe, and be done with it. If one or two of the skint big Italian clubs want to join them, then mint. 

Call them the Harddoneby Globetrotters.

3 hours ago, NG32 said:

This stinks and will truly cripple football. 

The thing that gets on my nerves is the FFP control put in place by the UEFA, its then used a weapon to slow the progression or halt the progression of other clubs and then these so called top clubs who manipulate things go and create a super league for even more wealth. 

They can all fuck off. 

I dont want to watch Real Madrid v Barcelona every week. 

FFP is an attempt to placate the old money superleague clubs who have UEFA over a barrel. They conspired to agree a super league deal with wallstreet which is used as blackmail with UEFA who bend over backwards to ensure they preserve their status quo. The name financial 'fair' play is a pisstake and I can imagine there were fits of laughter when they came up with it.

56 minutes ago, kocunar said:

Luckily, it's not closed

:lol: Can't get over these takes. It's absolutely wild that anyone who thinks European competition in its current form is a closed shop could think this is in any way a step in the right direction.

'oh the teams that have pushed for the stifling of competition in existing leagues and cups are going to create and have even greater control over the rules of a breakaway league? Fantastic, parity for all!'.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I just hope that the counter protests against this are as ferocious as they were last time if the English teams try and sneak in through the back door. 

Absolutely this :thup:

Easy to forget that they all signed the contracts and put it into operation, they weren't just kicking the idea of it about, they discussed it, organised it between themselves, signed the contracts and launched the fucking thing. It was only pulled because of the backlash from fans and hope that your post happens immediately. 

5 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Good news, only downside is that the potential 5th CL spot for English clubs depended on new format, I think, but still good news in my opinion.

I’d be surprised if they don’t find a way to still include 36 clubs. Could have one more group and then add some superfluous playoff knockout round. More games, more money.

I imagine Liverpool are desperate to free themselves from being unfairly treated by anyone and everyone and willing to put pen to paper on a league where they play themselves 10 times a year and that’s it, so that Klopp doesn’t have to worry about the players being too tired 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Why don't Real Madrid and Barca just breakaway on their own, play each other 38 times a season in 38 different locations around the globe, and be done with it. If one or two of the skint big Italian clubs want to join them, then mint. 

Which one would be the Washington Generals? 

25 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

If this results in the CL format staying as it is, then that's a result

Just need to make the money purely merit based. Ie the winner gets the most and get rid of coefficients and seeding.

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

Can we not put out a statement saying we won't be joining it just to see reaction on wearside?

I think the Mackems should put out a statement saying that they’re not joining it, making it look like they’d been invited.  That would be the final nail 

7 hours ago, Aiston said:

Liverpool supposedly too.

That's the end of the ESL saga this year.

Fuck off man, they will have just jizzed all over themselves, and Everton will have too right now about the prospect of it going ahead.

The Super League proposal back in 2021 was the worst presented idea Ive seen in a long, long time. Like, it made no sense whatsoever why anyone but the initial lot would be remotely interested in joining. 

Now they've had two and a bit years to work on it and fine tune it, and what do they do? Come out with another proposal that is just as bad and almost as shoddily out together.

I would say it probably wouldn't be too hard to turn football fans against UEFA and FIFA if you were just a bit clever. These cunts manage to make UEFA/FIFA look like the good guys, which is fucking impressive.