The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First page of this thread...

He's a terrible manager and the players don't have any real respect for him, despite the rubbish peddled in the chronicle.

Needs to be replaced in the summer.

Yeah, lets make this about Ronaldo.

Just thought I'd have a look at the first page and this made me chuckle. Agree with most of what he says tbh.

Well done CH, we all had doubts but you deserve a chance in the big time. First dignified manager we've had since SBR (excluding KKs brief stint) :thup:

Guest BooBoo

I think KK lost his dignity a few times tbh.

"Head Over Heels in Love", those topless Brut adverts, SUGAR FUCKING PUFFS!??

He's a terrible manager and the players don't have any real respect for him, despite the rubbish peddled in the chronicle.

:lol: :lol:

98 points, soon to be over 100. The man is a fucking legend for what he did here this season. Things could well have went from bad to worse, but Chris came here, gave the lads abit of confidence, team spirit, made the club feel good again and walked away with the Championship title and quite possibly a 108 year record to his name. Fucking legend.

I also said Hughton was a poor manager with balls like a used teabag and most people agreed with that sentiment if I remember correctly.

No doubt he's done very well in the Championship, but I'm still wary of him in the top division.

He's done a great job and exceeded most people's expectations....written himself a place in the club's history now, whatever happens in future.

The club have to back him to a decent level in the transfer market if he is going to be able to build on this success and there will be hard decisions for him to make with players but if these things happen there is no reason why he cannot go on to better things with NUFC.

Very well done Chris - and the Coaching staff too.

I also said Hughton was a poor manager with balls like a used teabag and most people agreed with that sentiment if I remember correctly.

No doubt he's done very well in the Championship, but I'm still wary of him in the top division.

This

My opinion of him has completely changed, I trust him to guide us to Premier League safety, earlier in the season some of his questionable line-ups really did not fill me up with confidence, but the man has learnt and improved along the way, cheers Chris, you have restored a huge part of our pride this season.

Totally won me over, i really couldnt believe it when he was appointed full time, but now i have nothing but respect for the bloke. Really hope he does well in the transfer market and has a good year next year. Finally, for the time being there seems to be a little bit of stability at the club.

on a sidenote, he handled the taylot/carroll affair really well imo despite was Taylor says.

Well done mate, deserve all the credit you get.

I love that picture when he's with the fans. He looks thoroughly overwhelmed by it all. Top, top bloke and I'll be backing him with all my heart going into next season. Up the Premier League we go!...

I must say I'm very comfortable with the thought of Christopher being our manager, and I wouldn't have imagined saying that in August.

Same, but I'm not very comfortable calling him Christopher.

he could be called christine for all we know  ;D

Hats off to the bloke tho, i dont think ive ever saw a manager with such an air of dignity and calm about him.