Sam Allardyce

Thespence

One of my most enduring memories of his time with us was him mincing across the pitch in a pink scarf after halftime in some game I can't otherwise remember.

Fulham wasn't it?

Jamie Carragher giving his expert opinion on SSN right now. What an absolute nugget.

Saying what? Usually think he talks reasonably.

He spouts the same rubbish as all the other ex pros, man. He was saying that Allardyce always had Bolton at the right end of the table, usually in the top six. Best man for the job was said a couple of times.

Jamie Carragher giving his expert opinion on SSN right now. What an absolute nugget.

Saying what? Usually think he talks reasonably.

He talks utter bollocks most of the time tbh

One of my most enduring memories of his time with us was him mincing across the pitch in a pink scarf after halftime in some game I can't otherwise remember.

Fulham wasn't it?

Could be. Can't find a picture.  :lol:

From Football365:

Shearer: There is no way England would have lost to Iceland at the Euros if Sam was in charge.’

A short list of clubs who beat West Ham in cup competitions during his four years in charge: Sheffield Wednesday, Aldershot Town, Wigan (4-1), Nottingham Forest (5-0), Sheffield United and West Brom (4-0).

Nobody in the mainstream press will criticise it, least of all ex-players.

They won't for the next 12 months or so, by the end of his contract/when he gets sacked he'll be on the back page of the Sun as a turnip or a cauliflower.

"Allardyce is also charged with helping [technical director Dan] Ashworth integrate and strengthen the FA’s elite performance and coaching programme across the England senior and development teams at St. George’s Park."

That'll be fun. :anguish:

"Allardyce arrives with a proven track record of getting the best results out of the teams he has managed and a strong reputation as a forward-thinker with progressive ideas."

So no mention of him creating his own glass ceiling?

To be fair to Allardyce, I think that his record at Bolton, Blackburn, West Ham and Sunderland is on the whole fairly credible in terms of working with what he had when he joined these clubs.

On the other hand West Ham had to get rid to continue their progress while he should never have got near the Newcastle or England jobs.

Just goes to show how far England has fallen.

"Dan Ashworth, David Gill and I have carried out a thorough process in the last three weeks and ultimately we could not look beyond Sam as the ideal candidate.”

I know I'm biased as I completely disagree with this decision but there's absolutely no way they carried out a thorough process if all they managed to do was interview Bruce or Allardyce.

The mandate was clearly to appoint an Englishman as if they'd have looked elsewhere there has to have been a better candidate out there.

Worth a read if you like reading the thoughts of people who hate the bloke as much as us if not more: http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?8477725||mc=o||

That reminds me, the state of his West Ham team on the last day of the season when Jonas scored. :lol: :jesuswept:

I knew the West Ham fans would be hostile, they've experienced his bullshit first hand. YOu can bet Martin Samuel will be keeping his head down on this one.

Can't wait for his first post match interview after the loss.

We didn't get the ball in the box enough and they need to put the ball in the net when the chance comes around.

They didn't do as I told them, so they better get it right next time.

And ofcourse, a defensive sub while being 2 nil down is going to be declared a masterstroke.

Chewing gum while siting deep in his chair with hisfeet high will also be the new style of upcoming managers.

Spot on. :lol:

Fulham wasn't it?

Could be. Can't find a picture.  :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7143935.stm

Unfortunately I cant find the video of him mincing across the pitch.

http://i.imgur.com/Kl9FvtC.png

Dat factual caption :lol: