Sam Allardyce

Thespence

Anyone see that interview with Greg Dyke on SSN? F*** me every answer was"Urghh well Urghh you will have to ask such and such about that".  What qualifies these people to have these posisitions in the FA? 

I'll be interested to see whether he picks a squad to suit his football or picks all the "stars" and tries to make them fit into his style

That would be ironic, since I would have thought the only reason he has been given the job is because he has a football identity as opposed to Hodges and McClaren etc. He's a defensive long ball merchant, he has to stick with that otherwise what's the point?

Are we the only ones that thinks this is a shit appointment and that the guy is a complete cunt? Nobody else seems to be batting an eyelid, they all seem to think he's a good manager and deserves it... mental  :idiot2:

Are we the only ones that thinks this is a s*** appointment and that the guy is a complete c***? Nobody else seems to be batting an eyelid, they all seem to think he's a good manager and deserves it... mental  :idiot2:

Most mates and football fans I have spoken to, think it is an awful appointment.  It's only the media that seem to love him. 

The amount of people justifying this appointment, from the ex pros, "Sam made my fell 8ft tall", to the so called experts, to the idiot fans "Sam's done a great job at every club he's been at, much prefer him to some jolly forrin like Wenger". It's just amazing, they deserve one another to be honest, just wish it didn't effect me. Of course it won't take long before their little love in to end and the press start to fan the hate flames that'll incur.

I was hoping this was just a smokescreen and someone with a clue was lined up, but obviously the FA just don't learn.

The best England have done in the past 30 years is when we had passionate players - Italia 90 and Euro 96.

Maybe it's just that simple, too much flakey, snowflake, technical players and not enough Cattermoles.

Getting the balance right is the tricky bit.

Those players had a lot more than just passion though.

Only a few to be honest, Gazza and Shearer the stand-outs in 96 but there were loads of players better than the rest of our team across the world.

Why do people/PFMs keep saying that wherever Fat Sam has been he's been 'successful'? It's an absolutely ludicrous thing to say. The bloke has done nowt but pollute English football with his stench for the past 20 years.

As for Danny Mills having such a high profile within the FA, what the flying fuck, man? That was/is a disgrace.

Guest chopey

I think Big Sam has the Charisma and persuasion skills to bring the union together for a GB team to rule the world.

The best England have done in the past 30 years is when we had passionate players - Italia 90 and Euro 96.

Maybe it's just that simple, too much flakey, snowflake, technical players and not enough Cattermoles.

Getting the balance right is the tricky bit.

You can get some defensive managers who can be very successful in KO competitions, it could be argued Rafa has a bit of that about him really. The difference is, he understands the technical aspects of the game, which makes him more like the Italian coaches where movement and clever passing are crucial. Allardyce is more Sunday league football, whack it long into the corners and try and get a dead ball situation and score from a set piece. Iceland used these tactics in the Euros and did okay up to a point. But then Wales did better and they played better football with lesser players than England have got. The truth is, I've never seen an Allardyce team that plays fluent football.

Listening to Radio 5 Live first thing this morning and they wheel out Custis the Sun Sports Reporter to comment on this cunts appointment.

Quite unbelievable hoop licking. Like, beyond ridiculous, how much credit he was giving him.

The tabloids are going to be very pro. Can only hope he gets off to a losing start and they all slowly turn.

Five Live also had Dean Holdsworth (that relevance) and their senior football correspondent John Murray on, both licking his arse along with the presenters. Giving it all the 'Allardici' wank, referring to the signings of Djorkaeff and Okocha as proof that he loves flair players etc etc. It was fucking unbelievable, found myself shouting at the radio.

Listening to Radio 5 Live first thing this morning and they wheel out Custis the Sun Sports Reporter to comment on this c***s appointment.

Quite unbelievable hoop licking. Like, beyond ridiculous, how much credit he was giving him.

The tabloids are going to be very pro. Can only hope he gets off to a losing start and they all slowly turn.

Five Live also had Dean Holdsworth (that relevance) and their senior football correspondent John Murray on, both licking his arse along with the presenters. Giving it all the 'Allardici' w***, referring to the signings of Djorkaeff and Okocha as proof that he loves flair players etc etc. It was f***ing unbelievable, found myself shouting at the radio.

Any mention of him buying Alan Smith ahead of Elano?

Shaun Custis and Dean Holdsworth man. Well I suppose the rags can enjoy themselves for a year or two, they are the same sleazy bastards who turned on Sir Bobby despite him producing probably the best international side we ever put out on a pitch.