Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Its even harder to play the high line with no Tiote to protect them, its not like we lost a lightening fast CB when Taylor got injured.

exactly, 

taylor would have looked like turd too in that backline, any defender would have they way we played

There's no way that 4th goal gets scored if Taylor's there instead of Williamson. The same can be said about the 2nd.

Williamson is a good defender but he got exposed by that high line badly. To be fair I think the whole defence had a shocker today, we just seemed to crumble. Willo has done well recently, some ridiculous overreactions going on.

He like pretty much the whole team had a shocker second half. Move on, next game.

Taylor would have had enough sense to have a chat with Colo and drop a bit deeper, thats the thing, its ok playing to tactics but as a player your in the game and should be able to see the danger of us playing a high line against a pacey striker.

He's a disgrace of a centre half tbh...shockingly slow, always static and square on to the forwards and is incapable of heading the ball further than 5 yards....the sooner we get a decent defender in the better

I completely disagree. He had a poor game today by anyone's standards but he's anything but a 'disgrace' of a centre-half. He's proven to be a very competent defender at this level, who has the odd poor game. Everyone's favourite Coloccini was rather shite today too but you don't see many people laying into him. No way can you make a scapegoat of Williamson today.

Guest palnese

Willicini are hardly blessed with pace, and they were probably told to hold a high line today.

Pardew should have changed that the minute Johnson entered the pitch.

No good in a high line back four vs pace, not putting him down its just a fact.

Very true. When we play a high line and get hit on a counter he looks like he's running through treacle. He's decent for us but the high line only works when you can keep up with the players running at you for the most part.

Think he's the most over-rated player in our squad personally. Shouldn't be any more than 4th choice CB at best.

knee jerk!

Said it for ages. Even last week I had people telling me he's a better defender than Steven Taylor, absolute tosh. For a big guy, he's lousy in the air and weak as piss. We all know he's slow too and his distribution is on a par with Simpson.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Think he's the most over-rated player in our squad personally. Shouldn't be any more than 4th choice CB at best.

knee jerk!

How is it knee jerk when there's arguably 3 better CB's already at the club? Incredibly poor defending for the goal.

The fact that he turned his body in fear of the shot/ball makes me furious. I think Saylor for example would have blocked that shot.

That was poor, the ball went in off his foot, not his face.