Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I think it's disgraceful that these players can be so blatant about protecting their own position this way. We are bottom of the league and are getting battered left right and centre, and this guy knows Pardew is a mess. Just looking out for his own interests. It's terrible.

Well he is hardly going to have a go at the manager, it's only natural for him to defend Pardew especially as he has benefited from him being manager

It's the former players defending him that I find absurd, they have no reason (that we know of) to defend Pardew

I think it's disgraceful that these players can be so blatant about protecting their own position this way. We are bottom of the league and are getting battered left right and centre, and this guy knows Pardew is a mess. Just looking out for his own interests. It's terrible.

Well he is hardly going to have a go at the manager, it's only natural for him to defend Pardew especially as he has benefited from him being manager

It's the former players defending him that I find absurd, they have no reason (that we know of) to defend Pardew

Sports Direct vouchers?

I know nothing about this player. Is he a central midfielder?

Centre-half or left-back. :lol:

He's scored quite a few goals in his career according to Wikipedia.

A quick browse of page 3 :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

I missed the latest Williamson pro-Pardew interview. Fucking second rate clogger.

Sorry if Giggs but can't spot it anywhere else. Not sure where original interview is from but probably on the all new "Keith Bishop - Alan Pardew Propaganda TV" (formerly NUFCTV).

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/newcastle-star-blames-bandwagon-jumpers-protests-mike-williamson/

Newcastle Star Blames Bandwagon Jumpers For Protests

When talking about Mike Williamson, I find fans are increasingly coming back to the position where before they say what they want to say about him, they start off with, ‘He seems a dead canny bloke but…’

The Newcastle defender is increasingly being wheeled out by the club to defend and explain the latest poor performance.

It was no different after Swansea when Papiss Cisse somehow made a silk purse out of a sow’s ear in terms of the service he received, scoring two goals and saving a point in the process.

Williamson on Newcastle’s bad ‘luck’;

“We almost won it at the end, we had the chance and on another day, when we’re not struggling for a result, that will go in. We just need the rub of the green.

“We just need that luck but we need to build a base to make sure the luck goes your way, our spirit and persistence paid off.”

Yes Newcastle had a half chance at the end but how can you have the nerve to claim luck wasn’t on United’s side, when Swansea dominated chances and possession, only a few brilliant saves and one World class one from Tim Krul preventing a heavy defeat.

Working hard and bandwagon jumpers;

“It has been difficult, it always is when you have a bad period but the lads are working their socks off and there is no lack of effort, we are all working hard behind the manager and trying to put things right.

“That is (fan protests) what can happen with the frenzy they (the media) can create and you end up with a bandwagon people are happy to jump on.”

This sums up how detached from reality Williamson and other players can get. Believing that the frustration and anger of the fans is because they are being somehow duped by the media, rather than totally fed up because of the lack of quality investment in the squad and rubbish football and results.

Alan Pardew – very professional;

“Outside of football, things sometimes go further, it’s hard but he’s (Pardew) very professional in how he goes about his job, very focused.

“He has got on with the job and made sure everyone knows what they are doing.”

Makes sure everybody knows what they are doing…which is what exactly? Rabbits in headlights when the other team are attacking and clueless when going forward?

Into international break on a ‘high’;

“We go into the break on a high and with a chance to get some work done, come together and make sure we win the next one.”

A lucky draw at Swansea, no wins in seven and already QPR, Burnley and ourselves are seeing daylight between those in the relegation zone and the rest.

Good luck to Mike Williamson because he has ended up with a Premier League career based purely on hard work and I have to say, a lot of luck.

Not saying players can’t start in lower leagues and then progress but no wonder Williamson is so grateful and ready to tow the club line. Considering that before Newcastle he’d played for Torquay and Wycombe in League Two and then only had 21 starts in the Championship for Watford before winning the lottery and a move to Tyneside.

Depressing how easily Pardew's bullshit rubs off on the squad. There's no wonder we never improve if his pearls of wisdom consist of us not having the 'run of the green'. Maybe we're just terrible?

Williamson will say whatever they want him to.

He would probably say this stuff off his own back TBF, it's fairly standard solid-pro-backs-the-manager type waffle.

Aye. Poor footballer being played --> loyal to the awful manager playing him. Shocker.  s*** footballer, and now also spouting absolute s****. f*** off Williamson.