Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

The only thing he can do is hold up the ball, get jammy free kicks and eat an apple whilst riding a bike. Anyone who thinks otherwise is blind!

Maybe I just assumed the odd few were being sarcastic  :shifty:

I don't think anyone on here really rates him. It is nice to see him playing well for the odd game, he suited our style for a bit but I think you have the comedy value of him going to a world cup nailed.

Still shit myself every time we pass him the ball like. Doing great at the moment though.

He does as well  :lol: Really delighted for him at the minute, steadily plying his trade and working hard for the team.

Played a couple of decent forward passed as well which was nice to see.

Iron Mike :aww:

What's even worse is, if he randomly pitched up at the Red vs Blue game, he'd be the best player by a country mile.

Scary thought that  :lol:

Speak for yourself Belfast! I could have been someone, I could have been a contender

I'll be the judge of that (based on the footage from Red vs Blue)  :lol:

I'll always remember when we were playing 7-a-side outdoors one night and we were a couple of players short and these two wee lads (15 maybe) who were kicking a ball about on the next pitch across asked if they could make up the numbers.

Turned out they played for the U16s of one of our semi-professional teams over here (our standard is beyond shite btw) but they were fucking class, completely bossed the game from start to finish.

I have never come of a football pitch so deflated in my whole life  :lol:

And to think that they both had absolutely no chance of making it at any level of the game just hammered it home how utterly wank we all were at the game we love.

Imagine how good Willo would look at our level ffs

on the theme of the difference between pros and us, a mate who was very good was having a trial for blue star (he was offered terms bit our employers wouldn't gurantee him saturdays off) when they were good, they played middlesborigh youth team and he says they were just murdered, quicker and smoother doing the basics, it wasn't playeres going on mazy dribbles past 5 or 6, they didn't risk it, all one and two touch stuff, pass and move.

also I was at the eldon square when dn hutchinson played, i'd played earlier and the difference was amazing, he'd touch it once and take two or three out with no trickery, just knowing where to put the ball and being able to do it.

I wont slag off lower league footballers as I know they are still damn good.

My team leader at my old job played for England schoolboys in the late 50's. He grew up in Salford, was on the books at Man United, knew Eddie Colman well although he was a few years younger. (Colman died in the Munich air disaster) I dunno wether it was an injury or what but it didn't work out for him. Well it can't have done if non-woven shoe linings seemed a better career.

Anyway our guy turned out for the factory side when he was in his fifties. We were playing a friendly against another factory in the pre-season and fuck me he was shit, i could have ran rings round him.

My team leader at my old job played for England schoolboys in the late 50's. He grew up in Salford, was on the books at Man United, knew Eddie Colman well although he was a few years younger. (Colman died in the Munich air disaster) I dunno wether it was an injury or what but it didn't work out for him. Well it can't have done if non-woven shoe linings seemed a better career.

Anyway our guy turned out for the factory side when he was in his fifties. We were playing a friendly against another factory in the pre-season and f*** me he was s***, i could have ran rings round him.

Wey howay man, what were you expecting :lol: