Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

Doom mongers who are predicting instant relegation, lowest ever points record etc (IF we get promoted) are similar to those who predicted us doing a Leeds before the season started or who six weeks into the season had us promoted by March.

The present squad will be better than at least 3 Premier League squads next season even if it wasn't invested in during the summer. I.E. it would probably survive.

However mere survival should never be enough for our club and significant and wise investment will be required to push on.

"lktmpl" you're far too positive for this board mate, many on here won't allow you to enjoy the novelty of winning matches and to some we only ever win because the opposition is sh*t - not because we've made them look sh*t.

Doom mongers who are predicting instant relegation, lowest ever points record etc (IF we get promoted) are similar to those who predicted us doing a Leeds before the season started or who six weeks into the season had us promoted by March.

The present squad will be better than at least 3 Premier League squads next season even if it wasn't invested in during the summer. I.E. it would probably survive.

However mere survival should never be enough for our club and significant and wise investment will be required to push on.

"lktmpl" you're far too positive for this board mate, many on here won't allow you to enjoy the novelty of winning matches and to some we only ever win because the opposition is sh*t - not because we've made them look sh*t.

I would take that in a heart-beat in our first season back up, and then season after season push on.

I would take that in a heart-beat in our first season back up, and then season after season push on.

Me too. And I don't think it's that far-fetched.

I love how signing one decent/good player, one serviceable Championship player, and one complete waste of space, as well as getting a couple of loans in is considered some sort of glorious transfer window these days. :lol:

Pr*ck - don't really post on here but what the hell do you expect??? Last summer everyone was panicking that because of debts we would 'do a leeds' but instead we have bought top quality championship players because we are a championship team. The sooner people get their heads around this the better. We have spent 18millon on people who have had less of an impact in two years than this guy has had in two weeks.

Knobheads like you would only think the sun shone out these players arses if they cost ten times as much.

We are now for the first time ever a sustainable club with no long term debt issues, we are top of the league, we are probably spending more on wages than any championship club ever has but still people whinge? WTF??? What did you want to happen??? Be so awesome that we would get promoted by default????

Get behind the team - stop degrading them and we might get somewhere this year and next.

Believe it or not - get behind the owner!!! We could get someone so much worse. Liverpool, Man Utd, Portsmouth and Notts County are all proof of this. We are spending within our means and given we are one of the biggest clubs in the world our means are more than most. We will be back there and we can do it in a way to benefit the club long term  

Firstly - Go and fuck yourself, dickhead.

Secondly - Get behind the owner? What, the guy who since taking us over a mere two and a half years ago has...

- Humiliated and undermined the greatest manager in the history of NUFC, having clueless tossers/ yes men like Derek Llambias and Dennis Wise go above his head to the point that Keegan had no choice left but to resign.

- Replaced said manager with Joe Kinnear, an archaic disgrace of a football manager who had been out of work for half a decade before being deemed the man to lead us back to the promised land by said owner.

- Been declared, in a court of law no less, to have been guilty of 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United' since taking over.

- Overseen the club getting relegated.

Off the top of my head, like.

But hey, we signed Wayne Routledge and he actually looks like a good player, so all is forgiven yeah? You'll have to forgive me if I don't think giving a long term contract to the likes of Leon Best is a good idea. The guy is below average at this level, why not just get someone on loan for 6 months and then try and buy someone who might actually be of use in the Premiership this summer?

I'll never completely write Ashley off, as long as he owns the team I'll be hoping that he starts to do things right for us. If you think one decent transfer window is enough to make up for two and a half years of perennial fuck ups then that's fine, good for you. Just don't expect everyone to be so easily won over.

I love how signing one decent/good player, one serviceable Championship player, and one complete waste of space, as well as getting a couple of loans in is considered some sort of glorious transfer window these days. :lol:

Pr*ck - don't really post on here but what the hell do you expect??? Last summer everyone was panicking that because of debts we would 'do a leeds' but instead we have bought top quality championship players because we are a championship team. The sooner people get their heads around this the better. We have spent 18millon on people who have had less of an impact in two years than this guy has had in two weeks.

Knobheads like you would only think the sun shone out these players arses if they cost ten times as much.

We are now for the first time ever a sustainable club with no long term debt issues, we are top of the league, we are probably spending more on wages than any championship club ever has but still people whinge? WTF??? What did you want to happen??? Be so awesome that we would get promoted by default????

Get behind the team - stop degrading them and we might get somewhere this year and next.

Believe it or not - get behind the owner!!! We could get someone so much worse. Liverpool, Man Utd, Portsmouth and Notts County are all proof of this. We are spending within our means and given we are one of the biggest clubs in the world our means are more than most. We will be back there and we can do it in a way to benefit the club long term  

Firstly - Go and fuck yourself, dickhead.

Secondly - Get behind the owner? What, the guy who since taking us over a mere two and a half years ago has...

- Humiliated and undermined the greatest manager in the history of NUFC, having clueless tossers/ yes men like Derek Llambias and Dennis Wise go above his head to the point that Keegan had no choice left but to resign.

- Replaced said manager with Joe Kinnear, an archaic disgrace of a football manager who had been out of work for half a decade before being deemed the man to lead us back to the promised land by said owner.

- Been declared, in a court of law no less, to have been guilty of 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United' since taking over.

- Overseen the club getting relegated.

Off the top of my head, like.

But hey, we signed Wayne Routledge and he actually looks like a good player, so all is forgiven yeah? You'll have to forgive me if I don't think giving a long term contract to the likes of Leon Best is a good idea. The guy is below average at this level, why not just get someone on loan for 6 months and then try and buy someone who might actually be of use in the Premiership this summer?

I'll never completely write Ashley off, as long as he owns the team I'll be hoping that he starts to do things right for us. If you think one decent transfer window is enough to make up for two and a half years of perennial fuck ups then that's fine, good for you. Just don't expect everyone to be so easily won over.

No way was he our best manager ever  keegan fanboys :lol:

Guest Heneage

We missed the balance he provides.

No s***.

:lol:

I felt sorry for Jonas today, he'd just be given the ball and the crowd would urge him on I bet he was knackered by 5 o'clock.

• 1 month later...

He has a tendency to hold the ball too long sometimes and ends up losing the ball because of it. Like Jonas he was frustrating as hell in the first half but got better and better towards the end. Some lovely skills as well.

He's not your typical jet heeled winger with no brains that I sort of had him down for - he's got great vision and a lovely weighted pass/through ball in his locker. Can't think off the top of my head if we've scored from a cross of his, we've damn sure scored from a number of his passes though. Big question of him comes next season, this is his big chance in the Premiership.