John Terry (England Captain!) has been 'playing away from home'

Ketsbaia

I will add also, from bitter personal experience, that this sort of thing can be a massive deal to the friends and family of those involved.

8 years ago, a person I considered to be a very good friend of mine, a teammate in both my saturday and sunday sides, a guy who I went out drinking with five nights a week, did some private work and lots more, did just this to me. I separated from my wife, the mother of my then 18 month old son, in the summer and a few months later found out that he had met her in a pub one night - fully aware of who she was - and went home with her. They then started seeing each other regularly, although keeping it quiet. A few people did know about it and eventually I found out. Friends told me I should have smashed him all over the place but that's not my way. I cut him out of my life completely. If I knew he was going to be out with my mates then I wouldn't go. It caused a rift in our group of friends and made it very difficult for me, it also made my relationship with the people who knew about it and said nothing very tricky. Needless to say any chance of reconcilitation with my wife had vanished.

I still had to play football with this bloke, and although we managed not to fight in training or on match days it was a very surreal atmosphere as our only communication was basic football match talk.

Don't underestimate the damage that can be done by this sort of betrayal.

Well i wish your kids grow well... you got my support mate... :)

I will add also, from bitter personal experience, that this sort of thing can be a massive deal to the friends and family of those involved.

8 years ago, a person I considered to be a very good friend of mine, a teammate in both my saturday and sunday sides, a guy who I went out drinking with five nights a week, did some private work and lots more, did just this to me. I separated from my wife, the mother of my then 18 month old son, in the summer and a few months later found out that he had met her in a pub one night - fully aware of who she was - and went home with her. They then started seeing each other regularly, although keeping it quiet. A few people did know about it and eventually I found out. Friends told me I should have smashed him all over the place but that's not my way. I cut him out of my life completely. If I knew he was going to be out with my mates then I wouldn't go. It caused a rift in our group of friends and made it very difficult for me, it also made my relationship with the people who knew about it and said nothing very tricky. Needless to say any chance of reconcilitation with my wife had vanished.

I still had to play football with this bloke, and although we managed not to fight in training or on match days it was a very surreal atmosphere as our only communication was basic football match talk.

were you and your wife together when they done it ?

As long as people continue to buy: The Sun, The Mirror, The Star, The Express, The Mail, The People, News of the World etc: we are going to have to put up with this kind of sad housewife tales rubbish.

I want to watch Sky Sports news not f**king Loose Women.

I agree, the papers shouldn't be able to publish this tripe, its not in the public interest, it benefits no one and it shows a distinct lack of moral fortitude or respect for people and their own lives.

And Max Clifford wants raped by a Orangutang! Stupid cock that he is

"Needless to say any chance of reconciliation with my wife had vanished". Friends who did this must be stripping & kill your personality into your beloved. Is this good friends? NO.

No, as I said we were separated at the time. Doesn't excuse it though, he knew the situation and knew that I wanted to get back with her. She didn't fveel the same, obviously, but as my friend he shouldn't have crossed that boundary. Friends ex's, sisters, daughters and mum's are off limits. It's standard procedure.

"Needless to say any chance of reconciliation with my wife had vanished". Friends who did this must be stripping & kill your personality into your beloved. Is this good friends? NO.

It's all over with now, I don't see the guy anymore and I've moved on. Got a new wife and a couple of kids who are my world, and I still see my boy's from my previous. Did I mention that she was pregnant with my second boy while they were getting it on? No I think I missed that out.

Everyone wake up smell the fucking coffee man....it is world cup year ffs!!!! The french cheat there way into the world cup & now they have sent one there sluts to rock the England camp. Give it a couple months & Evra will have broke Rooneys metatarsal in a training ground incident

Guest firetotheworks

This respect angle makes no sense. Do you think anyone respects Gerrard any less as a footballer because he smacked a DJ? Rio any less because he missed a drug test? Rooney any less because he allegedly shagged some grannies? Lampard any less because his marriage fell apart? Ashley Cole because he cheated on Cheryl? Beckham any less because he allegedly cheated on Victoria? David James for being a pretentious art loving tit?

The entire squad is laced with shenanigans man, its more likely to unify their man of the man Terry with them as one of them than split them up.

This respect angle makes no sense. Do you think anyone respects Gerrard any less as a footballer because he smacked a DJ? Rio any less because he missed a drug test? Rooney any less because he allegedly shagged some grannies? Lampard any less because his marriage fell apart? Ashley Cole because he cheated on Cheryl? Beckham any less because he allegedly cheated on Victoria? David James for being a pretentious art loving tit?

The entire squad is laced with shenanigans man, its more likely to unify their man of the man Terry with them as one of them than split them up.

it's because he fucked one of his team mates over. possibly a team mate who'll be in south africa. thats different to those others.

Guest firetotheworks

it's because he f***ed one of his team mates over. possibly a team mate who'll be in south africa. thats different to those others.

What changes if he's stripped of the captaincy though? He's still going to be in the first team. If Bridge is in there, they're still going to be there. The only alternatives in that team are Gerrard, Rio or Rooney for me. When it comes down to it, the effectiveness of stripping of the captaincy is paramount really, and I cant see what positive effect it would bring at all.

it's because he f***ed one of his team mates over. possibly a team mate who'll be in south africa. thats different to those others.

What changes if he's stripped of the captaincy though? He's still going to be in the first team. If Bridge is in there, they're still going to be there. The only alternatives in that team are Gerrard, Rio or Rooney for me. When it comes down to it, the effectiveness of stripping of the captaincy is paramount really, and I cant see what positive effect it would bring at all.

nothing changes but he is seen to have some action against him. will him not being captain change the way he or others play ?

Guest firetotheworks

nothing changes but he is seen to have some action against him. will him not being captain change the way he or others play ?

I think so, I think it would most positively effect Gerrard and most negatively effect Rooney personally. Gerrard suits being a captain, whereas Rooney would try and do it all. I don't know how Terry would react though, judging by his performance on Saturday though, not much probably, but it's the old if it aint broke thing isn't it?

I'm sincerely amazed by the issues you have with your footballers private lives. We have none of such crap in Spain (bar a few Real Madrid players and the odd Barcelona one being reported on). I don't assume Spanish footballers live decent Christian lives, it's just that your gossip press is just criminal. Or maybe we just don't give a damn what they do.

Happens the same with our politicians. Wonder if it's an anglo-saxon thing? Americans are obsessed about their politicians private lives too.

Friends ex's, sisters, daughters and mum's are off limits. It's standard procedure.

Sorry - you were not with your wife, you don't have any rights to dictate the life of your ex. You can feel jealous or whatever, but keep it to yourself.

Friends ex's, sisters are not off limits. I have seen plenty of such relationships, peaceful and amicable. Mums and daughters I have not seen myself - but probably due to age difference/gap rather than anything "standard procedure".

Your wife was probably being irresponsible for going out with a new guy during pregnancy, though.