Leicester City 0-0 Newcastle United - 30/01/10 - Post match reaction from p25

Nate

Playing devils advocate here but would anyone care how we'd played thus far if you were told in August we'd be four points clear at the top of the league with a game in hand?

I would, we had a 12 point lead once.  4 points is nowt.

Plus if we're going to go about playing Cardiff in the same negative manner we took on 10-man Leicester than that game in hand isn't really worth owt.

Playing devils advocate here but would anyone care how we'd played thus far if you were told in August we'd be four points clear at the top of the league with a game in hand?

Plus if we're going to go about playing Cardiff in the same negative manner we took on 10-man Leicester than that game in hand isn't really worth owt.

We'll set up 4-4-2 at home though, it's only on the road we go with the tiredsome 4-5-1.

We'll set up 4-4-2 at home though, it's only on the road we go with the tiredsome 4-5-1.

4-4-2 hasn't seen us play well this season. might have something to do with the personnel.

Guest neesy111

The stuff in this thread about knee-jerking is hilarious. It's pretty clear which people haven't seen us play much this season.

'Oh but you're top of the league, you must be AMAZING!'

i get this all the time, your midfield must be amazing with nolan etc from opposition fans

How many games have we won recently? Is it just me or are the wins looking more unlikely as the season unwinds?

Last 8 games in all competitions DDDWDLWD

As I thought. 11 points from 8 games is pretty worrying.

How many games have we won recently? Is it just me or are the wins looking more unlikely as the season unwinds?

O0

14 points from our last 8 league games isn't all that much better mind.

Trying to draw on positives - we got a point away from home, we kept a clean sheet and the new signings had another match to bed themselves in.

It was however woeful, worryingly unimaginative and no entertainment whatsoever.

We really need a performance which makes a positive statement and that may only happen when Jonas and Routledge are both bombing the opposition down opposite wings. I can't wait.

The stuff in this thread about knee-jerking is hilarious. It's pretty clear which people haven't seen us play much this season.

'Oh but you're top of the league, you must be AMAZING!'

i get this all the time, your midfield must be amazing with nolan etc from opposition fans

To true - if we get promoted, we'll do so being the only team to go up having not played well all season, bar maybe the first half at Portman Road.

I have to say though Andre Marinner did a great job yesterday. Made a mockery of the usual standard of refereeing in this league.

He should also have sent off Berner who was already on a yellow when he committed an identical 'leg breaker' challenge to the one Wellens got a yellow for in the first half. Bottled it because of the crowd on his back.

I have to say though Andre Marinner did a great job yesterday. Made a mockery of the usual standard of refereeing in this league.

He should also have sent off Berner who was already on a yellow when he committed an identical 'leg breaker' challenge to the one Wellens got in the first half. Bottled it because of the crowd on his back.

I'm glad he didn't. Limping to a 0-0 against 9 men would have been too much to take.

O0

14 points from our last 8 league games isn't all that much better mind.

It is like. An average of 1.75 points per game to the end of the season would have us on 89 points. Typically easily enough for automatic promotion, in fact that form throughout a whole season has been good enough before. That's if we continue on the same appallingly poor, dismally abject performances and tactics etc, etc that we're currently going through with injuries and new players still fitting in.

The art of being a manager is to pick the best 11 to do a job on the day

:lol: Ridiculously simplistic.

Only just got a chance to get online since yesterdays game,  but a few random thought.  Was sitting behind the goal with some leicester fans which made it interesting.

First off,  their fans are as thick as shit.  I heard several asking and questioning why our fans were giving Nobby such a good reception.  Then the abuse they gave the ref was absolutely shocking... what did he do that wrong?  Then they started giving Routledge a load of abuse for being involved in the red card,  and at one point it spread to Van Aanholt as if they were confused as to who was who...

Only just got a chance to get online since yesterdays game,  but a few random thought.  Was sitting behind the goal with some leicester fans which made it interesting.

First off,  their fans are as thick as shit.  I heard several asking and questioning why our fans were giving Nobby such a good reception.  Then the abuse they gave the ref was absolutely shocking... what did he do that wrong?  Then they started giving Routledge a load of abuse for being involved in the red card,  and at one point it spread to Van Aanholt as if they were confused as to who was who...

:lol:

Just the 240 appearances like.

Leicester is an absolute shit hole, never been there before but what a dump, came up to the ticket machines at the train stations just as I got there and saw a scuffle involving two ticket operators and some 16 year old chav tossers. Walked out of the station about 10 steps and got asked by two people for money, said no and walked on. Then saw some tramp about a minute later throw up outside a co op in the middle of the pavement in front of me. Not the greatest first impression of a place. :lol:

Leicester is an absolute shit hole, never been there before but what a dump, came up to the ticket machines at the train stations just as I got there and saw a scuffle involving two ticket operators and some 16 year old chav tossers. Walked out of the station about 10 steps and got asked by two people for money, said no and walked on. Then saw some tramp about a minute later throw up outside a co op in the middle of the pavement in front of me. Not the greatest first impression of a place. :lol:

I got knocked back from shitty bar in the Town centre on Saturday night, for wearing trainers.