This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Guest Kenton Magpie

the length of the contracts handed to Routledge and Best is staggering to say the least, more down to the fact they wouldnt sign for a short period of time I assume!

Don't know enough about the guy to give a fair judgment but he's relatively young at 23 and played some internationals, so there's scope for improvement. We've probably not paid much for him with there only being 6 months left on his contract so even if he is shite we can probably get most of it back - which is basically Ashley's transfer blueprint. At 6"1 he's big but not massive so I hope he's got some pace or Hughton's mind will explode.

Guest Geordiekev

Looks like Hughton just told Williamson to nab a few mates and invite them to the party lol

He is re-united with former Southampton team-mates Fitz Hall and Mike Williamson, as well as Patrick van Aanholt who was on loan at Coventry earlier this year

Guest WashyGeordie

another pointless panic buy

Wouldn't of said panic - given the assumption that Hughton would of had a list, and before Best, seemed to try and target them.

Although 'cos we didn't get Moses, then I s'pose, but i wouldn't compare it to the likes of Sibierski, Bernard & co.

Wouldn't of said panic - given the assumption that Hughton would of had a list, and before Best, seemed to try and target them.

Although 'cos we didn't get Moses, then I s'pose, but i wouldn't compare it to the likes of Sibierski, Bernard & co.

Have.

Guest johnson293

the length of the contracts handed to Routledge and Best is staggering to say the least, more down to the fact they wouldnt sign for a short period of time I assume!

Dont see the issue with the contract length to be honest.

I would hazard a guess that these new signings won't be on massive wages, and if we get promoted and they are deemed not good enough, they are under contact and we should get whatever fee's back that we paid for them, which again wont have been a lot (i'd guess).

Its in the clubs interest to sign them for a reasonable length - so if they do turn out decent, they can't just wait out a short-term deal, and walk away if another club came sniffing - and as I said, I doubt the wages are gonna be anywhere near what we'd paid players in the past.

Total nonsense that, absolute bollocks. We've been after a striker since day one (Beckford, Moses etc) and Best may have just been his third or fourth choice. Just because we've bought someone today who isn't a world-beater doesn't mean it's a panic buy :lol:

van aarnholt and williamson i can understand but i would have only taken the latter on loan and i think fitz hall was a pointless deal and are routledge and best any better than what we alredy have, i dont really think so.

Adding members to the squad. Promotion is not guarenteed yet.  We could easilly sell the kid next summer or loan him out or use him as a squad player if we get on to the PL next season under the pecking order.

Last time I checked Carroll and Ranger haven't exactly been pissing goals as of late have they?

van aarnholt and williamson i can understand but i would have only taken the latter on loan and i think fitz hall was a pointless deal and are routledge and best any better than what we alredy have, i dont really think so.

Routledge is clearly better than anyone we have.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Routledge is clearly better than what we already have, have you not noticed that we've lacked a decent right winger?

Oh and Williamson has looked good, glad we got him permanently rather than a loan as his price will go up this summer.

To be fair, last time we signed a striker from Coventry he had a track record of something like 34 starts, 6 goals and we paid 6 million. I know there was a few raised eyebrows there, but what a quality buy he turned out to be. He's here now, lets give the lad a fair crack and get behind him, you never know!