Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

O'Hara on loan from Spurs this season in the Sunday Sun if Pompey have to send him back.

Good player. Hasn't he already played for two clubs this season though?

Do loans count though?

O'Hara on loan from Spurs this season in the Sunday Sun if Pompey have to send him back.

Good player. Hasn't he already played for two clubs this season though?

Do loans count though?

Not a clue. I'd love him in though so hopefully not.

Christopher Eagles for sure. Maybe Darren Ambrose if he'd come back. Long shot but if West Brom fail to gain promotion we should go all out for Dorrans.

should go all out for Dorrans even if West Brom go up. Quality player

Hughton seems to be looking for young British players, if the last window is anything to go by, or at least players who won't upset the applecart.

O'Hara fits into a similar catagory.

Christopher Eagles for sure. Maybe Darren Ambrose if he'd come back. Long shot but if West Brom fail to gain promotion we should go all out for Dorrans.

should go all out for Dorrans even if West Brom go up. Quality player

Very good player in the championship. Not convinced he will make it in the premiership.

He is one to watch though, so at a fair price, might be worth the risk.

Hughton seems to be looking for young British players, if the last window is anything to go by, or at least players who won't upset the applecart.

Williamson = 26

Routledge = 25

Best = 23

Simpson = 23

I dont class any of them as young footballers.

Williamson = 26

Routledge = 25

Best = 23

Simpson = 23

I dont class any of them as young footballers.

Beg your pardon, i mean players with someting to prove. None of them are old either like.

Someone who could provide cover all across the back four like Ben Haim would be nice. I'd love us to sign Ambrose and Aldo Duscher as replacements for Nolan, Smith and Butt.

Ambrose would be a very sensible signing.

Someone who could provide cover all across the back four like Ben Haim would be nice. I'd love us to sign Ambrose and Aldo Duscher as replacements for Nolan, Smith and Butt.

Would typical Newcastle to sign two players who've we had back for largely inflated prices.

Would take O'Hara if the fee was not stupid which knowing Spurs it would be.

Just playing devils advocate on the Ambrose love...........

Ambrose has done really well this year but would he be able to perform in the big league? I have my doubts, unless the formation was built around him. Meaning the question is would you build your system around an unproven Championship player when we're obviously going to be scrapping from day one.

Also, I'd be up for someone of like Ben Haim (experienced, can play a number of positions etc) but reluctant to pay big wages on someone you'd rather wasn't starting every week for any length of time.

Is there anyone in France/Spain that can be picked up to do something similar without the ability to demand big cash?

Could have gotten Duscher for nowt but Fat Head decided he wasn't good enough, fucking madness.

Ben Haim would be alreet aye, and O'Hara would be a fantastic signing. Ambrose... maybe.

Hasn't Duscher been absolute dump for Sevilla?

Haven't a clue, but he's getting in their team. He must have been better than fucking Butt, surely?

I suppose Fat Head knows best.

I wonder if KingDawson can update us on any possible movement on the O'Hara front.

From the outside, it looks as though he has no real future at Spurs and his days at Portsmouth are all but finished. However, you would suspect that he would have plenty of clubs after him. 

It's amazing how opinions change, Ambrose when he was with us, looked nothing more than average. O'hara a couple of years ago a white heart lane looked woefully out of depth when we beat them 4-1.

I'm not convinced about either player, but will admit that they both fit the Hughton profile.