Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Heneage

Adel Taarabt, Bernard Mendy as someone said, Reo-Coker could possibily be canny, or O'Hara if possible, Paul Scharner is on a free in the summer I think.

Taarabt would require playing a five man midfield and no Nolan.

Adel Taarabt, Bernard Mendy as someone said, Reo-Coker could possibily be canny, or O'Hara if possible, Paul Scharner is on a free in the summer I think.

I doubt he's starting every game, man. In fact, he'd probaly come off of the bench if we signed him.

Maybe slightly unrealistic, but how about Sidney Govou? He'll be 31 next season, so aging a bit, but he's out of contract in the summer. I think he's been a very good player for quite a while now. Would be good as another option on the wings or upfront. Also, with the recently released information about him having intercourse with underage immigrant prostitutes, maybe some clubs will be scared off of him.

I know people dont want him, but I wouldnt mind Robbie Keane tbh. He is still the kind of player who can score plenty of goals and I would rate him above Shola and Carroll* at Premier League level. If we could get him for about £7 million or so then I would go for him, are there really many more proven Premier League strikers who are that good for that price? I wouldnt pay much more than that mind if our budget is around the £20 million mark.

*certainly at the moment anyway, would love to be proved wrong next season.

Guest Heneage

I doubt he's starting every game, man. In fact, he'd probaly come off of the bench if we signed him.

Maybe slightly unrealistic, but how about Sidney Govou? He'll be 31 next season, so aging a bit, but he's out of contract in the summer. I think he's been a very good player for quite a while now. Would be good as another option on the wings or upfront. Also, with the recently released information about him having intercourse with underage immigrant prostitutes, maybe some clubs will be scared off of him.

Why? He's a talented dribbler and the creative force we need. It's just he's very much a luxury player ala Sven's Man City with Elano. If you protected him with two terrier like midfielders such as Reo-Coker and someone we could have a degree of success.

What about Tuncay? He's class and doesn't seem to be able to hold a starting berth at Stoke no matter what he does.

This is an idea I can support.

Kezman, I just don't see our coaching staff changing our system to placate a young "luxury player" as you put it. He would probaly start when we played 4-5-1, but I think to this point Hughton has favoured 4-4-2. Much like Nolan, I really think he is competing with the second striker for a position on the field. I think he might actually be a better option off the bench anyway, running at tired legs and creating.

reo coker might be a good one but wages might be a problem, there might be a bit of a clearout at villa this summer anyone else there who could do a job for us and we can realisticly get? sidwell?

Isn't Reo Coker reputed to be a big time charlie? Last thing we need is to break up the team spirit ....

Guest Roger Kint

We've scouted Seb Larsson this month.

Doubt it, we are linked every year it seems in the press with no end result. More than likely scouting a number of potential targets from both sides tbh

Never rated Govou, screams of big wages and past his best also.

Genuinely think that if there is a mass clearout at City, you might be able to pick up the odd player at a reasonable price.  Times was suggesting the following players might be available:

Robinho, Stephen Ireland, Martin Petrov, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Roque Santa Cruz, Patrick Vieira, Javier Garrido, Sylvinho, Felipe Caicedo, Benjani Mwaruwari and Michael Johnson.

Not suggesting they would all want to come to us or would be in our price range, but I can think of worse signings.

Genuinely think that if there is a mass clearout at City, you might be able to pick up the odd player at a reasonable price.  Times was suggesting the following players might be available:

Robinho, Stephen Ireland, Martin Petrov, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Roque Santa Cruz, Patrick Vieira, Javier Garrido, Sylvinho, Felipe Caicedo, Benjani Mwaruwari and Michael Johnson.

Not suggesting they would all want to come to us or would be in our price range, but I can think of worse signings.

They'll all be on massive fucking wages though and won't want to take a substantial cut i'd imagine. Same sort of problem we used to have.

Doubt it, we are linked every year it seems in the press with no end result. More than likely scouting a number of potential targets from both sides tbh

It was definitely Seb Larsson the scout was sent to keep an eye on.

I've heard this too tbh.

We're after Larsson and we're also scouting Dirk Kuyt, he's been banging them in for Feyenoord.

Also, I can exclusively reveal that Brett Emerton will be a Newcastle player by tomorrow morning.

I highly doubt that Ireland would leave/we could afford him, but would love for him to come here.

They'll all be on massive f***ing wages though and won't want to take a substantial cut i'd imagine. Same sort of problem we used to have.

Well you don't know until you ask.  I can't imagine there are a plethora of clubs willing to match City wages, so I imagine the above players will have to take a cut or City will have to pay them off.  Can't see any harm in at least testing the water.

What about Tuncay? He's class and doesn't seem to be able to hold a starting berth at Stoke no matter what he does.

This is an idea I can support.

Kezman, I just don't see our coaching staff changing our system to placate a young "luxury player" as you put it. He would probaly start when we played 4-5-1, but I think to this point Hughton has favoured 4-4-2. Much like Nolan, I really think he is competing with the second striker for a position on the field. I think he might actually be a better option off the bench anyway, running at tired legs and creating.

Oga please enlighten us on the prospects of signing Mevlut Erding who we have been recently linked with in the French media. Also, what kind of player would he be?

Guest Roger Kint

The ones we could afford would either sign for better sides or require too high wages. Wouldnt touch 75% of them with a 200 ft barge pole tbh

Guest Roger Kint

I've heard this too tbh.

We're after Larsson and we're also scouting Dirk Kuyt, he's been banging them in for Feyenoord.

Also, I can exclusively reveal that Brett Emerton will be a Newcastle player by tomorrow morning.

;D O0