Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

What about Jermaine Pennant? He's having a bit of a nightmare in Spain isnt he? Proven Prem player, only 27. Very good for Birmingham a few year back. Would do for cover or challenge Routledge for a place, even if he is a bit of a cunt.

What about Jermaine Pennant? He's having a bit of a nightmare in Spain isnt he? Proven Prem player, only 27. Very good for Birmingham a few year back. Would do for cover or challenge Routledge for a place, even if he is a bit of a c***.

Nah, he's been shit for a while and would demand high wages.

Like you said, he's also a cunt. We've had enough cunts over the years.

Looking unlilkely that Carragher will be offfered a new deal at Liverpool. Would take him, experienced, can play across the back four and would fit in well if we kept all of our current scouse lads.

Looking unlilkely that Carragher will be offfered a new deal at Liverpool. Would take him, experienced, can play across the back four and would fit in well if we kept all of our current scouse lads.

I'd take him too but I think it'd be pretty unlikely he'd come here and to be honest, I'd rather not have the left-overs from another "top 4" team. Even if on paper he'd improve our squad. I'm fed up of the Alan Smith, Geremi, Nicky Butt etc type players, bring us youthful potential sil vous plait.

I'm conflicted!

We would have no chance of getting Carragher and he is probably one of the most over-rated players in the premiership. If it were possible would take him but it doesn't bother me in the slightest that it most likely isn't.

We would have no chance of getting Carragher and he is probably one of the most over-rated players in the premiership. If it were possible would take him but it doesn't bother me in the slightest that it most likely isn't.

I don't think it's that far fetched.

It's been widely rumoured that he doesn't get on with Benitez and a mate of mine knows someone who was in a bar when Carragher was openly slagging him off. Now that his performances have dropped (and there wouldn't be much of a fans backlash anymore if Benitez let him go) it's feasible that he'll leave.

I think he'll only stay there if Benitez goes or Gerrard spits his dummy out over it.

If he's a free agent then none of the top sides will come in for him so he might fancy playing in front of 50k every other week.

You could do with steering clear though. He's always been overrated but has deteriorated into just being downright crap over the past 18months.

It's been widely rumoured that he doesn't get on with Benitez and a mate of mine knows someone who was in a bar when Carragher was openly slagging him off. Now that his performances have dropped (and there wouldn't be much of a fans backlash anymore if Benitez let him go) it's feasible that he'll leave.

I think he'll only stay there if Benitez goes or Gerrard spits his dummy out over it.

If he's a free agent then none of the top sides will come in for him so he might fancy playing in front of 50k every other week.

You could do with steering clear though. He's always been overrated but has deteriorated into just being downright crap over the past 18months.

Could see Tottenham/Villa possibly even City taking a misguided punt on him, just don't think we would even attempt to get him with him undoubtably after  a massive salary.

I believe you but that part of the sentence is very funny :lol:

I believe you but that part of the sentence is very funny :lol:

:lol: If I was making it up it would be something more interesting than 'half-cut scally in complains about his boss shocker'.

He's a c*** and an average defender.