Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Really looking forward to the transfer deadline day, think it'll be a lot more interesting with the 25 man squad rule now. Could see players making panic moves instead of managers. Hope it works out well for us. Would love to snap up either Santa Cruz or Bellamy on a last minute loan.

Aye, glad it's back to normal again too with the midnight finish.

Think it's still 6pm, nufc.com have it as 6pm and the countdown on Sky Sports News earlier had it closing at 6pm, will happily be told otherwise like as I prefer it at midnight.

Really looking forward to the transfer deadline day, think it'll be a lot more interesting with the 25 man squad rule now. Could see players making panic moves instead of managers. Hope it works out well for us. Would love to snap up either Santa Cruz or Bellamy on a last minute loan.

Think it's still 6pm, nufc.com have it as 6pm and the countdown on Sky Sports News earlier had it closing at 6pm, will happily be told otherwise like as I prefer it at midnight.

Transfer window closing at midnight was so much better imo.

Damn right, i'll never forget the 11:25 ecstasy of signing Antoine Sibierski.

:snod:

Not only that, but the whole feeling that was on, like having Sky Sports News on, pressing F5 here and on every other news site every 10 seconds, counting down the seconds like on new years day... ah, just loved it.  :smitten:

I thought it was only 6pm when the last day of the month is on a weekend (and therefore this year it won't) but I guess not because last year was a Monday anyway. How do they decide?

Guest firetotheworks

The outrage on here when we signed Sibierski was unreal like. He shut us up like, but only in that cult-ish, Ketsbaia, still not actually that good kind of way.

We should go for Ola Toivonen at £5m to play in behind Carroll, he looked great against us a few weeks ago and has scored five in the first two games for PSV and got one against Scotland last week:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1303351/Liverpool-target-5m-PSV-Eindhoven-forward-Ola-Toivonen.html

We have no chance of getting him. Neither do Pool at that price.

If Scholes carries on playing like he is, Darron Gibson isn't likely to get a look in this season. We should definitely be making enquiries about getting him in on loan.