Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Roger Kint

Why is it even being given a moment's thought or discussion?

Jesus f***ing wept.

This x 100000000

I can't believe anyone would even want us to go out and sign a 29 year old Berbatov who in the last two years is exhibiting all the signs of a player who is on the decline and worse who has lost a lot of confidence. For this guy not to be able to consistentyl produce on a team with as much talent as Man U, and yet people think he would be worth the money invested to bring him here?I just marvel at this sort of thing.

We need players with a point to prove, with some hunger in their belly, who would see moving to Newcastle as an exciting opportunity. Just look at the attitude and excitement Routledge came to the club with and the difference it made for goodness sake.

On 15 July 2006, Ferguson confirmed that Van Nistelrooy wanted to leave Manchester United, and Real Madrid announced two weeks later that he had signed a three-year contract after being purchased for €24 million.

24 million euros was worth 16.5 million pounds on that date

So 18million is probably the fee you would expect to plastered on berbatov, tbh buying him for 12 million and sensible wages would be worth it.

If we had a decent fast striker which we dont so waste of money

This just wont happen, quite why we are discussing it is beyond me when we know the clubs transfer policy is to only sign players under age 26.  Far better gamble £2m or £3m on a player like Maynard who just might be enough of a wild card to take the Prem by storm.   Remember a certain Andy Cole who coincidently also came from Bristol.

Deal!

I can't believe anyone would even want us to go out and sign a 29 year old Berbatov who in the last two years is exhibiting all the signs of a player who is on the decline and worse who has lost a lot of confidence. For this guy not to be able to consistentyl produce on a team with as much talent as Man U, and yet people think he would be worth the money invested to bring him here?I just marvel at this sort of thing.

It's the Freddy Shepherd school of player aquisitions.

It wouldn't suprise me for this club to do something amazing, yet daft, to blow their kitty on just one player. However, it was only a matter of time before silly season began and people started speculating on attracting bigger targets than we realistically can.

Hopefully this nonesense will die down and we can concentrate talking about realistic targets.

BTW, has Boateng already agreed a move from Pompey or is he available?

£15M, and money from players such as R.Taylor/Xisco etc leaving should be decent.

Why does everyone want to get rid of Raylor? I'd much rather sell Simpson as he can't defend for shit. At least Raylor puts in a good cross from time to time and can be used as a backup winger.

Simpson 36 games  (3121 minutes) - 1 goal - 2 assists

Raylor    30 games   (1817 minutes) - 4 goals - 5 assists

£15M, and money from players such as R.Taylor/Xisco etc leaving should be decent.

Why does everyone want to get rid of Raylor? I'd much rather sell Simpson as he can't defend for shit. At least Raylor puts in a good cross from time to time and can be used as a backup winger.

I agree that Taylor's a useful squad player, for his delivery and versatility.  I'd keep ahold of him.

Thats in an attacking sense though, as a fullback I in the prem I am more worried about how they do defensively and Simpson is better than Taylor.

Am not saying sell Taylor I am saying keep both. 

Nobody is going to buy Xisco, sorry. Racing's forwards can't hit a barn door and even the kids are getting a nod before Xisco nowadays.

Apart from 1 good week when he hit 5 goals in 2 games a few seasons ago his record is s**** in La Liga. Not bad in the lower/pub leagues in Spain though.

Nobody is going to buy Xisco, sorry. Racing's forwards can't hit a barn door and even the kids are getting a nod before Xisco nowadays.

so thats our striker for next season sorted then  :weep:

I doubt it, as Comrade Chris will not forget "I even stopped playing in the last few days to force my exit"