Beckham out of world cup?

lovejoy

Not bothered about his personal life but I think the gutter is that we'll now go into the World Cup without a 'different' Plan B.

If we were to be chasing a game it would've been nice to throw on Beckham and Crouch to change it up.

Whether we take Walcott, SWP or Lennon none of them can cross with any real accuracy consistently.

I'd be seriously considering Adam Johnson as a wild card entry if I was Capello, at least that way the opposition won't know much about him.

Couldn't care less - just a pity he was there as Sven's puppet-master in the previous one.

Glad to see the back of him and his wax-model wife - a bad influence on the squad and I bet Capello is secretly pleased too.

If capello didn't like him, then he wouldn't have picked him for most of his squads.

Couldn't careless either, BTW.

There were stories that the FA wanted England managers to pick Beckham because of his high profile in Asia etc(spin-off with sales of merchandise etc), although I doubt whether Capello would have accepted that condition with Beckham being at the end of his career.

I believe that Capello picked him for squads because a) he didn't want to upset those England fans who still believe the hype about him and b)he would be useful to throw on in the last quarters of matches.

He will now be able to fashion his own England side from the younger players.

gutted for him. I would've had him in my squad for experience reasons mostly, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise that he can't make it to play. Nothing stopping him being in the group.

Adam Johnson is a good call tbh, would be a fantastic option to have.

Couldn't care less - just a pity he was there as Sven's puppet-master in the previous one.

Glad to see the back of him and his wax-model wife - a bad influence on the squad and I bet Capello is secretly pleased too.

If capello didn't like him, then he wouldn't have picked him for most of his squads.

Couldn't careless either, BTW.

There were stories that the FA wanted England managers to pick Beckham because of his high profile in Asia etc(spin-off with sales of merchandise etc), although I doubt whether Capello would have accepted that condition with Beckham being at the end of his career.

I believe that Capello picked him for squads because a) he didn't want to upset those England fans who still believe the hype about him and b)he would be useful to throw on in the last quarters of matches.

He will now be able to fashion his own England side from the younger players.

I think capello dosen't give a shit about what anyone thinks. It's his way or the high way, I reckon.

I'm feeling a bit sorry for Becks tbh. Wanted him to go to the World Cup and think he could have been a really good impact sub for the last 30 mins or so of a match.

If he doesn't go to the World Cup I think he'll end his (England) career.

Guest BooBoo

It's a shame for him. Capello would have taken him for his impact as a sub and the fact that he's pretty much a model pro and would have been influential in the camp. Theres a lot of no sense written about his glamour lifestyle and wife but when it comes to football he's always struck me as 100% dedicated. It's a shame that he seems to have carried round a World Cup curse ever since 98.

Guest BooBoo

how's bentley been for spurs this season? just thinking of someone who can actually take a set-piece or put a cross in from the right

He's a million miles from the squad. He's genuinely only ever had one good season and is an egotistical prat to boot.

anyone else pissed off as to the news treatment of this ? so massivly over the top for a player who in all probability wouldn't make the starting 11 and many think maybe shouldn't even be in the squad.

I don't see any reason to think Beckham is a bad influence on the squad, in fact he's probably the most respectable and stable guy in the dressing room.

Capello would have ditched him if he thought it was the right thing to do, he knows him very well.

Guest firetotheworks

The media circus that follows him is rarely about football though. Which is a shame, because I still rate him. Bollocks aside it's a shame imo because he's still valuable as an England squad player.

thats a blow for england, even if he isnt a starter.

But a player like Beckham can come on and actually have the skill and calmness score a ridicoulus freekick in the 118th minute. England, in my eyes, have no players like him that they can bring on to win a game.

not sure if Milner or Walcott can do that. Or Lennon if you like.

Guest Chris P

thats a blow for england, even if he isnt a starter.

But a player like Beckham can come on and actually have the skill and calmness score a ridicoulus freekick in the 118th minute. England, in my eyes, have no players like him that they can bring on to win a game.

not sure if Milner or Walcott can do that. Or Lennon if you like.

Iwas just about to say that.  Beckhams mustard

Am I missing something? He wouldn't have been anywhere the near the starting lineup anyway.

I don't know, are you? He would have been in the squad, now he won't be.

But it wouldn't have made any difference. We're no better or worse now, nor are we closer or further away from winning the WC.

anyone else pissed off as to the news treatment of this ? so massivly over the top for a player who in all probability wouldn't make the starting 11 and many think maybe shouldn't even be in the squad.

Yes, but i can understand it, he is a huge figurehead our country. What i don't like is the non sport media coverage, where they get newscasters who don't realy have a clue about football or even sports.For example i have just been watching BBC news and they had a former West Ham physio one of the questions the newscaster asked him was "What will be the legacy of this injury". I mean seriousely if they are going to cover the story they need to know what they are talking about.