Newcastle United 2 - 0 Nott'm Forest - 29/03/10 - post match reaction from p15

Dave

They're a decent team to be fair and they pressed us and closed us down more than any other side I've seen up here this season. Always thought we'd score late on as they couldn't keep doing that all game and sure enough they tired.

We're all but up and that is all that counts for now. Wonder if we can get 100 points?  :smug:

Fucking get the fuck in!  Echoing what's been said in the last couple of posts, I have no voice left.  Mine went around the time I was stood screaming at Carroll for his complete refusal to shoot in the first half :lol:

Williamson had an absolutely outstanding game, never gave them a sniff.  Jose a close second, and a goal at last!  Absolutely chuffed for him. 

Now lets go on and win the League.  I've said all along I wasn't bothered if we went up first or second, now I am. 

That game gets split into two for me - the first 70 minutes, then 70-the end.

It was awful stuff to watch in the first half. Jonas was shocking, Enrique wasn't much better - he was dribbling himself into the corner and kept giving it away. Routledge and Simpson were choosing to run into the centre rather than into the space down the wings, Colo looked uncomfortable on the ball and Carroll and Lovenkrands were no where near scoring - and don't get me started on the atmosphere, it was absolutely pants.

Something happened nearer the end, Shola scored a beauty and it seemed to loosen our play up, the fans relaxed and spoke up a bit, and Jonas/Jose/Rout and Simpson all suddenly looked like they wanted the ball - there was only one winner after Shola's.

Enrique took his goal well, absolutely chuffed for the lad. Absolutely delighted with the three points, let's go and get promoted.

You could see how happy the whole team were that he scored. Also noticed the footage of Ashley you dont jump up like that if you dont have any feeling fro the club.

You do when you've just ker-ching'd about £50 million

Aye, because I'm sure it's totally legal to pocket the TV money  :rolleyes:

You could see how happy the whole team were that he scored. Also noticed the footage of Ashley you dont jump up like that if you dont have any feeling fro the club.

You do when you've just ker-ching'd about £50 million

Haway man that was sporting joy on his face.

Keegan coming on SSN

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

What does he say? For all those who haven't got SSN..

Was talking about Man City, not us.

And he was talking crap, as usual. Man City aren't any more deserving of those millions than any other club.

I screamed like a little girl when Jose scored. Love the man. Great to see the whole ground joining in the chants at the end and there was definitely more than 46,000 there.

Probs didn't count late comers, and ticket sales on the day.

I screamed like a little girl when Jose scored. Love the man. Great to see the whole ground joining in the chants at the end and there was definitely more than 46,000 there.

They announced the attendance before half-time on TV.  Dunno how much that matters but they generally don't announce it until the 70-80th minute.

Fantastic win and a good team performance. Forest did OK but lacked a cutting edge and we then got the win that we deserved. Took us a while to get going as both sides seemed to struggle with the conditions. However, two great goals from Shola and Enrique and it's Premier League here we come. We could go up on Saturday if Forest lose against Brizzle City and we beat Peterborough. I reckon it'll be done on Easter Monday though.

Great turnout tonight as well, with just under 46000 there. Forest sold out their full allocation, but their fans were pretty pish and very quiet for the most part. Expected a bit more from them if I'm honest rather than the tired 'You've never won f**k all'.

Guest icemanblue

What a great night. Even if we do actually go up after the Posh match, tonight felt like the real confirmation. Very special moments. Fucking soaked through, but incredibly happy.

I thought Jose's goal may be the best moment of the season. But then I remembered the Barnsley match, Shola's hattrick, the server crash when Ranger scored, demolishing Ipswich and Cardiff, Lovenkrands scoring after his dad died, the comeback against Bristol City and of course the Spiderman mask.

What a fantastic season its been and theres been some memories I'll cherish forever. Obviously its great to get out of this division, but just when being a Toon fan became a chore, this season has reinvigorated my love for this club. We'll all look back at this year with some very fond memories. I've really loved this season  :aww: