The "We Won't Win Another Game This Season" Fred aka Relegation-o-meter

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5/10

waiting for halftime until i decide either way.

2008/2009 15th 4 games 4 points -3 goal difference

2010/2011 14th 4 games 4 points +1 goal difference

we are 4 goals ahead of schedule, and one place up from that horrible year.

In January that year after we played West Ham at home we were sitting in 11th Place. We had a pretty tough run in but also had 3 very winnable last home games against Pompey, Boro and Fulham which should have seen us stay up.

I think we'll be okay, but need to make sure we have no more days at home like we did on saturday and treat every game as a hard game/cup final and not expect certain teams to just roll over for us which seemed to be the attitude in the first half on saturday.

Exactly. Blackpool was 'just' a defeat. Those games back in 08/09 weren't just defeats, they were so much more. Just another cog in the downward spiral of inevitability.

We'll bounce back from this, but Everton's going to be rock hard.

:lol:

Confident enough at this point, if we get lucky with injuries and Tiote and Ben Arfa can both play well I think we'll be fine.

Guest neesy111

From the .com match report against Blackpool:

Harper, Gonzalez, Cacapa, Bassong, Danquah, Doninger, Donaldson

:lol:

Jeez, our bench is actually a hell lot better now.

Based on the performance as well as result, from a 5 to a 3.

I've been on a 3 from the start, we shouldn't be in any danger as long as we play to our strengths every week.  Today was like a breath of fresh air as we went to a dodgy away game and went for the win.

I've been on a 3 from the start, we shouldn't be in any danger as long as we play to our strengths every week. Today was like a breath of fresh air as we went to a dodgy away game and went for the win.

Yep. One month in, it looks like there should be no reason for us not being able to stay up (other than being incredibly unlucky with injuries)

Therefore if we don't it'll be a massive, massive failure by the players & staff more than anything else.

I've been on a 3 from the start, we shouldn't be in any danger as long as we play to our strengths every week.  Today was like a breath of fresh air as we went to a dodgy away game and went for the win.

Yep.  One month in, it looks like there should be no reason for us not being able to stay up (other than being incredibly unlucky with injuries)

Therefore if we don't it'll be a massive, massive failure by the players & staff more than anything else.

Yeah, for us to be worse than 3 teams this season will be a monumental fuck up.

I think the best thing is, we don't look like a newly-promoted club. At Man Utd we were outclassed, but certainly no more than the majority of other clubs in this league will, we took the game to Villa and dominated the stats against Wolves in terms of shots at goal, chances created, etc. Games like Blackpool happen but we could play that game 10 times, produce the exact same performance, and come out with a 2-1 win 8 times, and against Everton we didn't look out of place at all.

I think the best thing is, we don't look like a newly-promoted club. At Man Utd we were outclassed, but certainly no more than the majority of other clubs in this league will, we took the game to Villa and dominated the stats against Wolves in terms of shots at goal, chances created, etc. Games like Blackpool happen but we could play that game 10 times, produce the exact same performance, and come out with a 2-1 win 8 times, and against Everton we didn't look out of place at all.

Well said, the Blackpool game really fucking hurt because I still think we will be in some sort of fight, they are one of the main contenders to go down but most of all because as you said, on any other day we probably would have won.

Felt a little like the Southampton game a few seasons back where despite conceeding three their youth, 14th choice, 12 year old goalkeeper pulled out some top class saves and it meant we finished 5th.

I'd say about 2 or 3.

I would have been at about a 5 before the season, but I have been well impressed with our start. The way we're passing it and creating chances have been much better than anyone would have expected. That and the additions of Tiote and Ben Arfa should see us being safe a few games before the end of the season.

Really hard to say. We've played very well in three of our games and bloody awful in the other 3. We've tossed away 6 points at home that we really should have got.

I don't think I can really say till after the derby on Halloween. If we can't get at least four points from the next two homes, it will be a relegation battle ahoy.