NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Hughton is adamant he has received everything he has asked for so far.

He said: I am confident I will get the support I need from the board.

What I have had this season is all the support I have needed.

We are working together. I have a very good working relationship with Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias. I do not expect any problems there.

Times are different. I dont think anyone will be spending a lot of money this summer, with the possible exception of Manchester City, and we are no different.

Having said that, we also know we have to have a squad which has the best possible chance of competing next season.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=chris-hughton-counting-on-mike-ashley-s-backing%26method=full%26objectid=26347024%26siteid=61634-name_page.html

That's what he's said so he seems confident enough he will get the backing he needs.

Well, I think he will take a punt on signing Hall on the cheap especially as I think Saylor will go in the summer. I would take a punt on Wheater from Boro as a replacement. It wasnt long ago he was in the England squad. We need another RB and a quality replacement for Butt. The lad Hinkel from Celtic is a good RB and someone like O'Hara as has already been discussed. As a forward option, I like the look of Maynard of BC.   Sign up Gamst Pederson on a free as well. A couple of younger loan players in the Van Aanholt mould, someone like Cork of Chelsea as well will do for me.

I wouldn't touch Gamst Pedersen personally,he only performs as he's nearing the end of a contract.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He said: “I am confident I will get the support I need from the board.

“What I have had this season is all the support I have needed.

“We are working together. I have a very good working relationship with Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias. I do not expect any problems there.

“Times are different. I don’t think anyone will be spending a lot of money this summer, with the possible exception of Manchester City, and we are no different.

“Having said that, we also know we have to have a squad which has the best possible chance of competing next season.”

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=chris-hughton-counting-on-mike-ashley-s-backing%26method=full%26objectid=26347024%26siteid=61634-name_page.html

That's what he's said so he seems confident enough he will get the backing he needs.

Well, I think he will take a punt on signing Hall on the cheap especially as I think Saylor will go in the summer. I would take a punt on Wheater from Boro as a replacement. It wasnt long ago he was in the England squad. We need another RB and a quality replacement for Butt. The lad Hinkel from Celtic is a good RB and someone like O'Hara as has already been discussed. As a forward option, I like the look of Maynard of BC.   Sign up Gamst Pederson on a free as well. A couple of younger loan players in the Van Aanholt mould, someone like Cork of Chelsea as well will do for me.

I wouldn't touch Gamst Pedersen personally,he only performs as he's nearing the end of a contract.

Slow. Inconsistent. Living off one season where he scored a few goals.

Guest geordienorway

“We are working together. I have a very good working relationship with Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias. I do not expect any problems there.

“Times are different. I don’t think anyone will be spending a lot of money this summer, with the possible exception of Manchester City, and we are no different.

“Having said that, we also know we have to have a squad which has the best possible chance of competing next season.”

Gamst is very similar to Huseklepp who has been been linked with us. Great set pieces, vision and crossing, but lacks the physique imo.

Gamst is very similar to Huseklepp who has been been linked with us. Great set pieces, vision and crossing, but lacks the physique imo.

Huseklepp pisses all over Gamst at everything comparing them side by side tbh.

Guest palnese

Gamst has got a better left foot though O0

Guest geordienorway

:lol:

What are you basing this on? Of course Huseklepp stands more out playing against the horrible defenses in Tippeligaen. Gamst is established in the PL, Huseklepp has the potential to become a better Premier League-player. No way is he pissing all over Gamst at this moment of time though.

What are you basing this on? Of course Huseklepp stands more out playing against the horrible defenses in Tippeligaen. Gamst is established in the PL, Huseklepp has the potential to become a better Premier League-player. No way is he pissing all over Gamst at this moment of time though.

I saw Gamst play in the Norwegian league, and I'm seeing Huseklepp play in the Norwegian league right now. Huseklepp is a much better player in a league that's still as shit as it's always been, and even was more shit when Gamst was playing in it. You can also make the comparison by the appereances they've had at the same time in the Norwegian national team as well.

Guest geordienorway

I saw Gamst play in the Norwegian league, and I'm seeing Huseklepp play in the Norwegian league right now. Huseklepp is a much better player in a league that's still as shit as it's always been, and even was more shit when Gamst was playing in it. You can also make the comparison by the appereances they've had at the same time in the Norwegian national team as well.

Gamst had 41 goals in 85 appearances. Those stats are in the period when he was 18-22 years old. Huseklepp has 23 goals in 133 appearances, and he is approaching the peak of his career. I know Gamst has been shit for the national team, but he is still a superior player to Huseklepp. If Huseklepp can add more goals to his game he will be a very good PL-player, but whether he is able to do that remains to be seen.

Well, I think he will take a punt on signing Hall on the cheap especially as I think Saylor will go in the summer. I would take a punt on Wheater from Boro as a replacement. It wasnt long ago he was in the England squad. We need another RB and a quality replacement for Butt. The lad Hinkel from Celtic is a good RB and someone like O'Hara as has already been discussed. As a forward option, I like the look of Maynard of BC.   Sign up Gamst Pederson on a free as well. A couple of younger loan players in the Van Aanholt mould, someone like Cork of Chelsea as well will do for me.

Cork is an excellent prospect and a solid player right now, would do better in a team that's not struggling.

Funny thing is the one thing board are really good at now is making sure the press have no clue who or when we'll be buying someone. Always a surprise, for better or for worse.

Would be mega shocked if we were interested in Bullard.

30+, Injury prone, wants a decent wage.

Ticks all the boxes of players we want to reject.

I'm quite excited by the fact our team seems to be making shrewd and calculated purchases that will actually improve the team/squad on and off the pitch.

Leaves us in a lottery as far as guessing potential incomings though.

NOTW reckon we are after Altintop from Bayern and Bullard.  Owen Coyle willing to pay 2 million of your English pounds for Ryan Taylor.

if thats true hes a moron and bite his hand off

NOTW reckon we are after Altintop from Bayern and Bullard.  Owen Coyle willing to pay 2 million of your English pounds for Ryan Taylor.

Interesting to note that both Altintops are available on a free this summer. Wouldn't imagine we had much of a chance with the one at Bayern, as he is a greater talent, and there will be big teams interested.

His twin brother at Eintracht, who plays as a striker, is far more realistic and would be a very good pick up for us. Full Turkish international, who can also play just behind the striker and on the wings as well as up front as a lone striker. Been a bit more quiet for him since leaving Kaiserslautern a few years back after scoring quite a few goals, but would be a very good addition for us.

Would be mega shocked if we were interested in Bullard.

30+, Injury prone, wants a decent wage.

Ticks all the boxes of players we want to reject.

I'm quite excited by the fact our team seems to be making shrewd and calculated purchases that will actually improve the team/squad on and off the pitch.

Leaves us in a lottery as far as guessing potential incomings though.

Absolutely right...leave well alone here and I dont see Bullard any better than Barton and Guthrie who are both several years younger.

Would definitely take Altintop. Can play LW, RW, CM and even RB. Will be available from Bayern but it was said before that he might go to Schalke again. We'll have to wait and see...

Would never touch Bullard. Exactly the type of signings we should avoid.

Guest koenji

Would definitely take Altintop. Can play LW, RW, CM and even RB. Will be available from Bayern but it was said before that he might go to Schalke again. We'll have to wait and see...

like the Luis Enrique of Turkey :D

Would be a fantastic signing but I doubt he`d come here unfortunately.

like the Luis Enrique of Turkey :D

Would be a fantastic signing but I doubt he`d come here unfortunately.

I wouldn't tbh. He wants away from Bayern (understandable) and probably will want to move away from the Bundesliga as well. If he goes to the Premier League he won't be moving to a top (7) club. But he won't want to move to a club like Wigan where he would play in front of 200 people. I guess he's not too unrealistic.