NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Has anyone mentioned in this thread ever joined the team?

Page three, post 70:

Cabaye looks a good player when I've seen him. Central midfielder. Sure we were linked with him in The Chronicle recently as well so might be something in that one.

:snod:

Not from the press but from a Forest website.....

My dads best mate works for Newcastle United and has told me that 5 signings are tied up and another 3 are getting worked on at the moment coming into the clubare :

Juan Albin Free

Kris Boyd Free

Federico macheda season loan

Per Ciljin Stiljbred £3m

Nedum Onouha £3.5m

also the 3 that arebeing worked on are :

James Perch £2m

Nicky Maynard £2.5m

Charlie Adam £2m

perch and adam are pending on the play offs

One out of 8 aint bad :lol:

Steven Fletcher has easily been the best import from the SPL in ages.

Thought someone would say that, but he never set the SPL alight at all at the time. He's done well though.

Always had far more raw ability and more to his game than people like Boyd though. Nobody ever touched that fat moocher with a bargepole until Boro fell into the trap.

Dunno man, the difference in goal record is pretty substantial.

Goal record means nowt. FLetcher was a bairn for most of those games and not playing for the best team in the league, he was always more talented and Prem scouts watching him for a while.

Boyd was a fat waste of space who scored tap ins against L1 standard opposition. Great in the SPL, nee use whatsoever in a league where you have to actually be able to play football.

Boyd was the same when he was younger, also had a better goal record when he was at Kilmarnock methinks.

Didn't always just score tap-ins, although he does now. He's scored some belters. Remember watching this - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7666869.stm

I agree that he is no use in the prem though.

Have to say the defending in that clip is laughable. Also Boyd is turboshit.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc the news Toon fans were dreading , no striker purchase in January as confirmed by AP

10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

GeorgeCaulkin George Caulkin

Pardew: "don't think will be bringing in striker after collapse of Maiga, which we'd put a lot of work in to. Will go with what got." #NUFC

FRUSTRATING!