NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

We've apparently been after another striker since this time last year. By all accounts Pardew was absolutely raging at our failure to 'get one over the line' in the summer. Now the £7m deal for Maiga falls through due to a mystery injury and everyone's happy to just forget all about that idea? Okay. :lol:

I don't care whether it qualifies as a conspiracy theory or not, something stinks.

I'm aware the need for a centre back has become a priority over the last month but we still desperately need a forward. You'd think the higher-ups would see the excellent start to the season as an oppertunity to build and have a real dig at the top six, obviously not. Can't say I'm suprised though.

We've apparently been after another striker since this time last year. By all accounts Pardew was absolutely raging at our failure to 'get one over the line' in the summer. Now the £7m deal for Maiga falls through due to a mystery injury and everyone's happy to just forget all about that idea? Okay. :lol:

I don't care whether it qualifies as a conspiracy theory or not, something stinks.

I like it. :)

It does seem all too cute around our club, that things just crop up like this.

Lets not forget the 35m that was to be used over two transfer windows, i think i remember our chairman saying.

I just hope Ba doesn't get injured in the ACON. That would be typical of our luck.

Losing players to injury is partly bad luck. Not having anyone to replace them is down to a lack of ambition.

We can't rely on just one striker banging them in all season to keep us ticking over, we needed to invest in the squad in a key area and haven't done so. We also need a CH and if we get a good one then he'll plug another gap. It shouldn't be a case of 'one or the other' though.

Not aimed at you btw, just a bit miffed. :hmm:

No stiker coming in this window,,,,

take from NUFC.com

Latest quotes from Alan Pardew, Wednesday:

"I don't think we'll be bringing in a striker in this window after the collapse of (Modibo) Maiga which we put a lot of work into, so I think as far as we're concerned, we'll go with what we've got.

Asked if there was any chance of resurrecting any form of deal for the Sochaux forward:

"No, that wasn't a strategy to do that, it was just unfortunate. These things happen and we'll have to do a lot of work between now and the summer to locate another striker.

"You have to pay over the odds if you want to invest in this window but we won't be in for a striker.

"We need to bring in a defender."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

31st January 2011, we sell Andy Carroll and are left with Shola, Best, Lovenkrands and Ranger to see the season out.  The club is vaguely apologetic but makes noises that it's a lot of money and the search for a replacement has began.

Summer 2011, we sign Demba Ba on a free, Ranger falls out of the picture and so does Lovenkrands to a lesser extent.  We're left with Ba, Shola, Best and fit-again but rusty Ben Arfa as realistic first team options after failing to sign a handful of strikers to go with Ba including Maiga.

Pre-January 2012, Maiga deal falls through and Pardew says we're not signing another striker in January.

Summer 2012 and it'll be 18 months we've been looking at strikers and no doubt we'll be humming and harring over any player that costs more than a couple of million. :lol: It's taking the piss now man ffs, they've obviously taken an educated gamble on Ba and now that it's came off they're willing to stick with it and play substandard reserves when the inevitable suspensions, injuries, ACN departees affect our squad.

I expected this tbf but the excuses they wheel out are tiresome.  Nobody's expecting them to spend a fortune but it's frustrating that we only need a little bit of investment to push on.  The recent poor run of form mustn't have woken them up to our lack of squad depth whatsoever.

Fingers crossed we sign a centre half then.

Incredibly annoying re the striker.  Don't think there is any excuse for not being able to sign an additional striker within a year.  The excuses don't add up anymore.

Having said that - I think we need a CB and a LB more - so if somehow we ended up getting a decent CB and an LB, I would accept us not buying a striker now.