NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest sicko2ndbest

Everyone seems to be quite quick to jump on the Bridge is Sh*t bandwagon.  I havent seen him play for a good couple of years but the West Ham fans i know reckon he was Turbo Sh*t for the first month while on loan there but after a few games played quite well.

He had a shocking debut for west ham which a lot of people used as a gage to base their opinions on. He got progressively better

Everyone seems to be quite quick to jump on the Bridge is Sh*t bandwagon.  I havent seen him play for a good couple of years but the West Ham fans i know reckon he was Turbo Sh*t for the first month while on loan there but after a few games played quite well.

Yes - heard exactly the same. His first game with WHam was televised and he had a complete shocker and a lot of people remember that. But apart from that you don't want a 31 year old loanee coming in to fill a crucial position in the first team, he's got nothing to prove and nothing much to play for, it's just a gig while he pulls his wages - most of which which would still be paid by Man City I'd imagine.

"It could be that something gets done before the game, but I don't think I would include him even if it did because this game is a game you need to know about and you need to be prepared for."

Would be canny if the players was of somewhat quality as well.

If the club resort to loaning a LB (god forbid), I'd have thought Van Aanholt would come before Bridge.

aye, I think he would be available on loan too.

Would have taken Insua (on loan at least also) as part of the Enrique deal.....better than no one at all ffs

"It could be that something gets done before the game, but I don't think I would include him even if it did because this game is a game you need to know about and you need to be prepared for."

Would be canny if the players was of somewhat quality as well.

Funny how Pardew rattles on about being 'prepared' for the match.

The irony.

Alan Partridge -"clubs know we need a LB and make it hard"

PSV spokesman Marcel Brands confirmed that "Newcastle have not been in touch. Since the weekend we have no news from England."

Very predictable comment from you there Partridge old bean!  :dave:

Pardew's only repeating the lies Llambias is telling him.

He's probably as shocked as us that we haven't been in touch with PSV.

Love how Otter completely rips on pretty much everything on the forum as being embarrassing and cringeworthy and then comes along with perhaps the single worst joke I've ever heard. :lol:

I'm worried that our clean sheet against Arsenal has Ashley & co. thinking we could go with Raylor and Ferguson at LB this season and get by. Ashley has demonstrated that he's content to simply stay in the EPL with the minimum investment and if he feels Raylor can do the job enough to stave off relegation, I'd not put it past him to not bring in a LB. Scary to think.

Players' search is urgent - Alan Pardew

by Mark Douglas, The Journal

Aug 19 2011

ALAN Pardew insists there is an urgency to Newcastle United’s recruitment drive – despite declaring defeat in the race to land a left-back and striker before tomorrow’s Wear-Tyne derby clash.

Ryan Taylor will deputise for the departed José Enríque once more at the Stadium of Light after United’s efforts to sign a full-back were scuppered by what Pardew claims are selling clubs moving the goalposts and demanding bigger fees.

While admitting it would take a little longer than anticipated to bring in the defender he wants, he did confirm a bid has been lodged for Sochaux striker Modibo Maïga – although The Journal understands interest has cooled in Holland left-back Erik Pieters.

Lyon’s Aly Cissokho is now the priority defensive target and Pardew has hinted the club may be prepared to lodge an improved offer to get their man.

In a candid pre-derby briefing, he also admitted the squad was not as strong as it was 12 months ago – but said the situation would improve before the transfer deadline.

Reacting to claims United have not acted quickly enough to secure their left back, he said: “I can only reassure people that not only have we tried to secure players but we are trying to secure two players we have in the building.

“That process is very, very important as well. We are trying to make sure this club going forward is stronger than it was last year.

“As it stands, when we started the season, I would say we are not at that position yet, but hopefully we will be.

“I don’t think I need to nudge Mike Ashley. I think he is very much aware of that.

“I don’t think I need to nudge him any more – I have nudged him enough!

“It is like where Arsenal are as well and a number of other clubs – like Spurs – you have to get the deal which is right for the football club.”

link: http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/19/players-search-is-urgent-alan-pardew-61634-29263441/?

Players' search is urgent - Alan Pardew

by Mark Douglas, The Journal

Aug 19 2011

ALAN Pardew insists there is an urgency to Newcastle Uniteds recruitment drive despite declaring defeat in the race to land a left-back and striker before tomorrows Wear-Tyne derby clash.

Ryan Taylor will deputise for the departed José Enríque once more at the Stadium of Light after Uniteds efforts to sign a full-back were scuppered by what Pardew claims are selling clubs moving the goalposts and demanding bigger fees.

While admitting it would take a little longer than anticipated to bring in the defender he wants, he did confirm a bid has been lodged for Sochaux striker Modibo Maïga although The Journal understands interest has cooled in Holland left-back Erik Pieters.

Lyons Aly Cissokho is now the priority defensive target and Pardew has hinted the club may be prepared to lodge an improved offer to get their man.

In a candid pre-derby briefing, he also admitted the squad was not as strong as it was 12 months ago but said the situation would improve before the transfer deadline.

Reacting to claims United have not acted quickly enough to secure their left back, he said: I can only reassure people that not only have we tried to secure players but we are trying to secure two players we have in the building.

That process is very, very important as well. We are trying to make sure this club going forward is stronger than it was last year.

As it stands, when we started the season, I would say we are not at that position yet, but hopefully we will be.

I dont think I need to nudge Mike Ashley. I think he is very much aware of that.

I dont think I need to nudge him any more I have nudged him enough!

It is like where Arsenal are as well and a number of other clubs like Spurs you have to get the deal which is right for the football club.

link: http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/08/19/players-search-is-urgent-alan-pardew-61634-29263441/?

Bored of him now, he had his chance.