Center Half

New owner

New Local Press

Another borehole

New caterers

New Cantonese restraunt in Stowell Street

New Tea Lady

New Goal Keeper

That's about the order of things that we require (and there's probably a few things between new tea lady and 'keeper).  Most fucking pointless transfer since Damien Duff strolled through the door if true.

Unless I'm unaware of something regarding your young keepers, this makes absolutely no sense.

If the club wants an experienced head besides Krul or Forster you could stick with Harper, to be frank.

Well Green would be our best goalkeeper if he came (he's just pulled off very smart save for West Ham as I type) and miles better than Harper.  Problem is that he would get in the way of our youngsters.

Unless I'm unaware of something regarding your young keepers, this makes absolutely no sense.

If the club wants an experienced head besides Krul or Forster you could stick with Harper, to be frank.

Well Green would be our best goalkeeper if he came (he's just pulled off very smart save for West Ham as I type) and miles better than Harper.  Problem is that he would get in the way of our youngsters.

:dowiespin:

Aye SSN are not as reliable as they once were (if they ever were), they just report anything these days.

However, they do have their heads up Fat Sam so beware, there may be truth in it.

Green is underated like but Krul and Forster have far more potential to be better.

Expand on that smiley (if you can).

He right tbh

Would be sheer lunacy to sign this clown in or current predicament, with the luxury of an up and coming keeper in Krul and Harper to back up, GK is the surely the last position we need more bodies.

Green's also bound to be on a fair old wedge too. Would much rather use those wages elsewhere.

Green is an awful keeper. I felt sorry for him during the world cup, became a complete scapegoat. However the season before he made a frightening amount of mistakes that led to West Ham conceding. Not the type of keeper that inspires confidence in defenders.

Crap source but prett sure these stats are from opta: http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/13/1974375/numbers-game-robert-green-made-more-errors-than-any-premier

I used to rate Green, but he seems the quintessential confidence player. Reminds me of Gomes regarding the incredible saves/awful clangers ratio. Personally I don't think you have an urgent need to improve on your goalkeeping and at least Krul (I haven't seen Forster play much) looks a better prospect.

I used to rate Green, but he seems the quintessential confidence player. Reminds me of Gomes regarding the incredible saves/awful clangers ratio. Personally I don't think you have an urgent need to improve on your goalkeeping and at least Krul (I haven't seen Forster play much) looks a better prospect.

tbh, I'd be against this signing because, as you say, Krul looks a good prospect and I want him to be given the chance.

Captain or not, if a club comes in with a decent bid he'll be off.

It has to be more than decent to offset the risks of selling him..The defense is shit without him, both MA and Pards know that.

Green would be the best keeper at the club, without a doubt for now. We have a couple of good prospects though who i'd rather see in goal, plus the funds would be far better off improving other areas of the pitch.

If our 2 keepers for next season were Green and Krul i'd hardly be unhappy like.