NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

According to tomorrows Northern Echo, we've made preliminary inquires to Ajax and Vertonghen's representatives. Pardew has him as his number 1 preference.

im afraid we are wasting our time like on gervinho for example.

also i dont wont erdinc!

He's a bit s**** anyway. Rangers are missing him massively though, let Lemon back into the race to be the least s*** team in Scotland.

True. I wouldn't say 's***' but he's not premier-league worthy. Just like Maloney wasn't.

McGeady is the last guy from the SPL who I thought could make a dent in the EPL (other than my misguided Kris Boyd love-in :lol:).

Edit: And McCarthy, guess he sort of has, though not spectacularly.

He's a bit s**** anyway. Rangers are missing him massively though, let Lemon back into the race to be the least s*** team in Scotland.

True. I wouldn't say 's***' but he's not premier-league worthy. Just like Maloney wasn't.

McGeady is the last guy from the SPL who I thought could make a dent in the EPL (other than my misguided Kris Boyd love-in :lol:).

Edit: And McCarthy, guess he sort of has, though not spectacularly.

Just wiki'd McGeady and found out that he's now in Russia. Doing quite well by the looks of it too.

Steven Fletcher has easily been the best import from the SPL in ages.

Thought someone would say that, but he never set the SPL alight at all at the time. He's done well though.

Always had far more raw ability and more to his game than people like Boyd though. Nobody ever touched that fat moocher with a bargepole until Boro fell into the trap.

Thought someone would say that, but he never set the SPL alight at all at the time. He's done well though.

Always had far more raw ability and more to his game than people like Boyd though. Nobody ever touched that fat moocher with a bargepole until Boro fell into the trap.

Dunno man, the difference in goal record is pretty substantial.

Goal record means nowt. FLetcher was a bairn for most of those games and not playing for the best team in the league, he was always more talented and Prem scouts watching him for a while.

Boyd was a fat waste of space who scored tap ins against L1 standard opposition. Great in the SPL, nee use whatsoever in a league where you have to actually be able to play football.

Also, from wikipedia

"Boyd terminated his contract on 19 December 2011 and started legal proceedings against Eskişehirspor claiming he had never been paid during his stay at the club."

Fuck sake man, it's getting to the point where Rangers won't even touch him.

it's cos he's not really scottish.

would have him here as he's got a bit of skill and intelligence to his game that most forwards don't have. him and Best and back up strikers, peddle shola and lovenkrands.  :thup:

would have him here as he's got a bit of skill and intelligence to his game that most forwards don'havet . him and Best and back up strikers, peddle shola and lovenkrands.  :thup:

Aye, I was gonna mention that too but would only wind up Taylor.  :lol:

Goal record means nowt. FLetcher was a bairn for most of those games and not playing for the best team in the league, he was always more talented and Prem scouts watching him for a while.

Boyd was a fat waste of space who scored tap ins against L1 standard opposition. Great in the SPL, nee use whatsoever in a league where you have to actually be able to play football.

Boyd was the same when he was younger, also had a better goal record when he was at Kilmarnock methinks.

Didn't always just score tap-ins, although he does now. He's scored some belters. Remember watching this - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7666869.stm

I agree that he is no use in the prem though.

would have him here as he's got a bit of skill and intelligence to his game that most forwards don'havet . him and Best and back up strikers, peddle shola and lovenkrands.  :thup:

Aye, I was gonna mention that too but would only wind up Taylor.  :lol:

i see. is taylor scotch then?

Boyd never looked impressive at all tbh. was fairly obvious he'd be a failure in england.

I spoke to a scout just before Boyd signed for Boro and I remember him telling me he'd been sent to watch him by the club's manager 5 or 6 times and every time told him he was shite. :lol: He said that despite his opinion he tried to sign him but couldn't match Boro's wage offer. I'm convinced some of the managers in the English game are genuinely clueless like, only a marginal upgrade from the school PE teacher.

It was clear as day Boyd was a seal-clubber. Decent finisher but no athlete or footballer,  his record against Celtic and in Europe was rotten and he ended up being dropped for them. Nobody in England creates as many chances as Rangers against league one/two defences.