Report: Alan Smith to leave NUFC in January?

Thespence

The man's an absolute parasite.

Funnily enough, he's a very expensive mistake that Ashley has been paying for ever since he allowed a manager to persuade him to "splash the cash".

£6m transfer fee gone on a player we can't shift won't be doing that again

£60k pw wages on a player we can't shift won't be doing that again

Letting a manager dictate transfer policy and end up with players the next manager doesn't want won't be doing that again

every time i see this bumped (especially now) i pray that its a link to see him move on as happy as Iam we have people who appear to be ahead of him I would rather never see him pull on the shirt again in any capacity

The abuse that came from the gallowgate as he minced onto the pitch on Sunday ranged from "oooh look he's gonna morda someone" to "sort yer barnet out man" to "fuck off man ya talentless cunt"

I know a korean kiosk that tapes expired soda cans to the packs of batteries they sell, and it´s non-negotiable to leave the soda out.

Can´t we do something similar with Smith the next time we sell a player?

Can we not just pay up his contract, or at least offer him on a free transfer where we pay the difference in his earnings or something?

I do wonder if we haven't reached the point where we can just rip up his contract and tell him to fuck off.  Whilst he has a contract with us, I'm fairly certain that contract will specify that his job is as a footballer and any sentient being can surely now see he no longer qualifies for that job.  He can't run, he can't pass, he can't tackle, he can't read the game or other players, he's not a goalkeeper and I've only seen him take one shot in the last 4 years.  If he's a footballer then I'm sure the average traffic cone also qualifies as a footballer (the traffic cone would probably be more effective in the midfield).

i like to think all the the name dropping of smith lately by pardew and the little cameo appearance against fulham was to remind people he is still alive and available...............well i can dream.

The abuse that came from the gallowgate as he minced onto the pitch on Sunday ranged from "oooh look he's gonna morda someone" to "sort yer barnet out man" to "fuck off man ya talentless cunt"

Never realised you were sat next to me.

Shameless self promotion, first it was Owen and his brochure earning him a move to Man U then Hargreaves and his Youtube videos getting him a move to mega rich City.

Couldn't we have done a video for Smith? Fair enough there would have been a lot of people saying "why is that bloke just standing there throwing himself at anyone who walks past" questions but it must have been worth a try.