The Liverpool Thread

Parky

I'd like to point out that Wigan (Martinez) and Swansea (Rogers) are two of only nine clubs in the league that scored fewer goals than Liverpool last year.

Liverpool conceded fewer than anyone outside the Manchester clubs, but they scored only half as many as Citeh.

I'd like to point out that Wigan (Martinez) and Swansea (Rogers) are two of only nine clubs in the league that scored fewer goals than Liverpool last year.

Liverpool conceded fewer than anyone outside the Manchester clubs, but they scored only half as many as Citeh.

I doubt the combined transfer fees of Wigan and Swansea squads matched Andy Carroll and Suarez though.

I'm sure if Wigan and Swansea were given 57 million pounds to spend on strikers they could've managed more goals.

'Swansea City can today confirm a transfer fee and personal terms have been agreed for Hoffenheim midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson,' said a statement on the club's official website.

'A club record offer of £6.8million has been accepted by the German club, and the 22-year-old is expected in Swansea later this week to undergo a medical before the move is confirmed.'

I can see Sigurdsson not actually putting pen to paper before there is certainty about Rodgers' position.

Liverpool have a recent habit of flavour-of-the-month signing with players, and Rodgers strikes me as the equivilent as a manager. He's had a very good season, but that shouldn't propel him to the top of the list.

Martinez has also been in the limelight recently, but he looks quite a composed character, with more Premiership experience, and the better bet for a pressured position. Rodgers comes across to me as a bit more nervy, and less likely to rise to the challenge IMO.

Can't wait to hear all of the clichéd s**** about how Rodgers will bring the return to the old Liverpool traditions of 'pass and move.'

Got a feeling he'd do a Hodgson i.e. bring in average players he's familiar with and knows will work hard for his style (Konchesky et al)

Can't wait to hear all of the clichéd shite about how Rodgers will bring the return to the old Liverpool traditions of 'pass and move.'

Except it'll be pass and move the ball backwards.

Guest neesy111

BBCSport: Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers is expected to be confirmed as the new Liverpool manager in the next 48 hours.

Guest bimpy474

Although Brendan's Swansea did play decent possession footy, it was as boring as hell imo, maybe with better players it might be a bit more exciting.

Although Brendan's Swansea did play decent possession footy, it was as boring as hell imo, maybe with better players it might be a bit more exciting.

Better players like Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Downing?

I think Bimpy is assuming that Liverpool's better finance will give him the opportunity to revamp the squad....

They just want someone who will work with whichever players they decide to bring in.

However, will Rodgers be able to implement that system without the specific players he wants?

Guest bimpy474

Better players like Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Downing?

Nah not them, i'm assuming he will get some money to spend.